News   Mar 28, 2024
 130     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

A Great time to Buy or Invest! Don't miss this opportunity!!

Willy Wong

Member Bio
Reaction score
Folks,

Its become a buyers market with a huge inventory out there for the picking!!

Interest rates will surely increase over the months to come as our labour force has recovered to at least 97% post recession times. Our economy is stronger then ever and its just simply a "Buyers market" now!

If you need help or info...pm me.

Willy:cool:

Indeed! There has never been a better time to catch a falling knife! Get in while you can!!

ps. Moderator, shouldn't this spam be deleted?

I think this is a fair post ...

I believe that many first-time buyers were turned off in February-April as they were competing in insane bidding wars.

I have many clients who felt that they would wait until things cooled off to get back into the hunt.

Back then all MLS listings had an offer hold-back date to create bidding wars and we just are not seeing that anymore. With interest rates continuing to rise it probably is a great time to buy.

If buyers were turned off in Feb-April, why are those the months with the biggest numbers? Sadly, they'll also be the ones who see their homes lose value over the coming few years. Now is a horrible time to buy, but I do understand as an agent that sometimes the truth is not in your best interest.

well that's true isn't it? not about planes, but the logic. i.e. the best time to buy the TSX was when when everyone was selling, i.e. when it hit 7500 or so last year.

If planes are crashing, or the market is falling, then logic suggests you don't get on the plane until you have reason to believe that the reasons for the crashing have been fixed.

The TSX hit a high of 15,000 two years ago. There were a lot of people selling at 14,000, 13,000 etc, all the way down to 7500. Now it is at is at 11,600.

Your example of comparing the current Toronto RE market to the TSX low is completely inaccurate. Toronto RE is at an historic high (sort of like the TSX 2 yrs ago), whereas you drew an analogy comparing it to the TSX low.

If someone had borrowed money on margin that they couldn't afford to lose and bough the TSX at 14,000, they would have gotten hurt badly. Same logic applies to RE on the way down. And it always goes through down cycles, in the same way that it always goes through up cycles.

The analogy about the TSX at 7500 is a common high pressure sales line used by a lot of RE agents these days. It is logical gibberish that seeks to press someone's greed button

Last edited:
News flash: TSX is going higher. Target 14000+

So yes, next 6-8 months will be a fantastic time to buy housing! Wait for the price reductions coming in a few months, then as the year closes out, January-March will be best time to buy. 2011 will be fantastic on the stock market, so investors will be feeling flush with cash...to buy real estate Spring 2011...?

(IMHO)

The best time to fly indeed is when planes are falling out of the sky. Just like the best time to buy GM cars was last year during Chapter 11...

Last edited:
Your example of comparing the current Toronto RE market to the TSX low is completely inaccurate. Toronto RE is at an historic high (sort of like the TSX 2 yrs ago), whereas you drew an analogy comparing it to the TSX low.

but it isn't at a historic high. prices have already come down from peak (which was 4 months ago, i guess). combine lowered prices with the total lack of bidding wars in many markets which had them 4 months ago... makes it, at the very least, a better time to buy NOW than it was 4 months ago. yes/no/maybe?

but it isn't at a historic high. prices have already come down from peak (which was 4 months ago, i guess). combine lowered prices with the total lack of bidding wars in many markets which had them 4 months ago... makes it, at the very least, a better time to buy NOW than it was 4 months ago. yes/no/maybe?

Prices have a normal 4% seasonal drop from April to July. Guava is a great site to illustrate this. Look at the tables down the left side
http://guava.ca/

Seasonally adjusted prices have not dropped over the past 4 months, and are in fact the same or slightly higher on a seasonally adjusted basis.

Is it better to buy now, than 4 months ago? My opinion is yes, due to the lack of demand, but only marginally. In the same way that cutting off 3 fingers is better than cutting off 4 fingers.

so if I was going to buy lets say condo pre-contruction...in next 6-8 months...for investemt purpose...does anyone know any projects that would be of my interest with decent pricing.

metropolis, Mcloukes

Can you "expand" on "decent pricing"?? What are you looking for? 1br? 1br+den?, etc,.... What are your "requirements"?

Let me know.

depends on what will sell the best once occupancy kicks in as i would like to buy pre-construction and then turn it over.

Back