News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Looking for used Car $500 - $1000

Promagstyle

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm looking for a used car, some where in the budget between $500 - $1000. Doesn't need to be brand new or anything.

No Rust
Meets Emissions Standards
Inline 4 Engine
Automatic Transmission
A/C + Heat... will pay more if this still works

I'm looking for a used car, some where in the budget between $500 - $1000. Doesn't need to be brand new or anything.

I'd like to see a brand new car between $500-$1000!

Unless you are handy with cars or don't really mind frequent repairs, cars in that price range tend to be high maintanence and tempermental.
Have you tried any car auctions or on Craigs List? You could find some fixer-uppers for cheap.

I have a Mazda Protege 2000 model for sale, but it may be over your price point. I'm selling for $2,000. It is in top notch shape for the age and mileage, it has 260,000 miles on it, and you'll have to import it from the US. Although I can say you paid far less for it... It is in very good condition, and I'll sell it to you for $2,000 CAD if you like as I have a bank account in Canada. Importing doesn't sound that hard, so if you're interested let me know. I live on the other side of the border beside Niagara Falls in Tonawanda, NY.

Promagstyle,
Are you aware that insurance will cost you more than you propose paying to purchase a cluncker?

Promagstyle,
Are you aware that insurance will cost you more than you propose paying to purchase a cluncker?

speaking of insurance ...

i spoke to my car insurance broker, and they indicated that there's a 20% increase in premiums due in May 2011 ! ! !

WTF ... we pay more and more, for less and less coverage.

Cars in the $1000. range tend to be those that are more than 15 years old. I see folks using cars like this for pizza or paper deliveries. I understand the realities behind this. Most will have various systems at the end of their lives. If the car is a future collectable it might be worth fixing but if it's a Dodge Caravan it won't be. Can you get a car on long term loan from a family member or friend or elderly parent of a friend? Pay them some sort of rental until your situation changes and you can lease or get a loan on something more up to date?

Insurance. I shopped around and went with Allstate. ING had the highest rates for me.

Back