One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Grand Opening Event at One Valhalla Towns and Condos Draws Crowds

The response has been very good at Edlican's One Valhalla Towns and Condos development on the site of the former Valhalla Inn in Etobicoke. One Valhalla will eventually encompass three new glass-clad towers rising from a one-acre landscaped podium and 68 contemporary private three-storey townhomes.

ValhallaCntr003.JPG

OneValhalla-051.JPG

OneValhalla-015.jpg

Designed by Page + Steele / IBI Architects, the buildings will surround a lush courtyard landscaped by Schollen & Company, with low stone walls, raised planters, decorative lighting and a children’s playground. Munge Leung Design Associates appointed the contemporary interiors with retro touches that call to mind the Scandinavian design of the original Valhalla Inn and its era.

The two-storey lobby will feature terrazzo flooring in a modernized 1960s pattern, as well as black walnut highlights to create a strong sense of entry. From the indoor pool, splash pool and hot tub area, residents can walk out to the landscaped patio on the podium. The Resident’s Club bar and lounge also has a walkout to the terrace, looks out over the ground-floor landscaped courtyard, and features screens injected with coloured glass that will be visible from the outside – another vintage touch. Amenities include a theatre, fitness facility, business/study centre complete with Wi-Fi, media/library lounge, children’s activity room, guest suites and landscaped terrace rooftop with barbecue area and an outdoor children’s play area.

Location is a major advantage for purchasers. One Valhalla offers easy access to Sherway Gardens, Cloverdale Mall and Loblaws, the Kipling TTC Subway Station, Pearson International Airport and is within seconds of highways 427, 401, the QEW and the Gardiner Expressway. In addition, the Valhalla Express shuttle bus will be available to transport residents to the subway, grocery and both shopping malls.

The 216 condominium residences in Phase One are in a 22-storey building. The one-bedroom, one-bedroom + den, two-bedroom and two-bedroom + study designs are priced from the mid $200,000s. Premium finishes include ceilings up to 9 feet in height, expansive views through panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows, balconies or French railings and walk-in closets in most suites. Townhomes (in three- and four-bedroom layouts) will range from 1,250 to 1,450 sq. ft. and will begin from the low $400,000s.

One Valhalla joins Edilcan’s list of prominent condominiums developments, including Signatures on Bloor, 1121 Bay, The Monaco, and more recently, The Clairmont, The Met, Encore, and Granby Street Maisonettes.

The Presentation Centre is located at 1 Valhalla Road in Etobicoke. Hours are Monday to Thursday from 12 to 6 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m.; closed Friday. For more information, call 416-233-5554 or visit www.onevalhalla.com.

Last edited:
com'on who doesn't have a car in Toronto??? Our car culture is stronger than cities like LA :D:D ...... seriously, if you're working in mississauga, york region, or pearson intl then this would be a pretty good location with a sweet looking condo and a great valhalla name to boot.

Tentative Occupancy Dates

Apparently the letters for tentative occupancy for the One Valhalla tower have been sent...with move in dates scheduled for July 2012. What are the odds of this being on time? The structure seems to be on the 17th floor as of today, and the first 6 or 7 floors have been glassed in.

Apparently the letters for tentative occupancy for the One Valhalla tower have been sent...with move in dates scheduled for July 2012. What are the odds of this being on time? The structure seems to be on the 17th floor as of today, and the first 6 or 7 floors have been glassed in.

Hello Citylvr,

Unfortunately, if the building is on or around the Seventeenth floor at this time, and it is to be a minimum of 22 floors, if not 30 or 35, I would think that initial move in dates are unlikely to be this summer. For high-rise buildings, it appears that initial move ins normally take place around nine to twelve months after top-off, depending on developer / builder and overall height of the building. The interior construction of the lower floor units can be well under way while the upper parts of the building are still under construction. The building systems which can only be completed after the building has been topped off include the mechanical and life safety systems - all the detection and alarm systems, the boilers, pumps for building heat and domestic hot water systems, the air conditioning, the Make Up Air Units, elevators, and so on. So - allowing a week or so for each typical floor remaining, plus one to two months for the mechanical penthouse construction to reach the top off, and then nine months or so to get all the infrastructure systems completed to the point of occupancy - you may be able to come up with a more realistic estimate of the date for initial occupancy.

There are a number of building construction threads in this forum with comments regarding the timelines for initial occupancy - please feel free to do your own research - the Modern on Sherborne, BSN on Charles Street, and the Concord Adex projects in North York are some examples which come to mind.

I bought a unit in phase one and they say that the tentative occupancy date is July 17th. I wonder if they will actually be ready on time. The owners still have not had our colour selection appointments and I hear that the 68 townhomes are suppose to be ready by May 17, they have also not had their colour selection appointments. I must say that this construction project has moved fairly quickly, i just wonder if the construction on the inside will be as quick. I forsee a small delay of a month or so. Edilcan has till next month on the 17th to firm up our occupancy date or change it.

I was told that the sales pavillion is suppose to be open next week and the appointments for colours will begin immediately after. I noticed that they intend to do the interim closing for the whole building on the same day whereas other developers do it in stages.

Also, I want to thank Drum118 for posting updated pictures:). Have you been to site lately? are there any new pics? Do you think Phase 1 will be on time?

Hi shorty_952,

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you as I also bought in phase one. I'm still waiting as well on the color selections but hopefully this happens soon. I drove by last night to check it out and they're currently starting on the 18th floor. I'm really surprised as well at how fast this project is going up especially when you look across the street at the Tridel project which looks stagnant. I was actually planning on buying there and also at Evolution condo's on Islington and Dundas when I was originally looking. Thank God I didn't because both are moving at a snails pace.

Unless they're SUPER fast at doing the insides, the July 17 occupancy seems a bit unrealistic. I wouldn't be surprised at all if its pushed to September. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This is my first place and I've heard so many HORROR stories about buying new but so far things are looking good at Valhalla.

Hi shorty_952,

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you as I also bought in phase one. I'm still waiting as well on the color selections but hopefully this happens soon. I drove by last night to check it out and they're currently starting on the 18th floor. I'm really surprised as well at how fast this project is going up especially when you look across the street at the Tridel project which looks stagnant. I was actually planning on buying there and also at Evolution condo's on Islington and Dundas when I was originally looking. Thank God I didn't because both are moving at a snails pace.

Unless they're SUPER fast at doing the insides, the July 17 occupancy seems a bit unrealistic. I wouldn't be surprised at all if its pushed to September. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This is my first place and I've heard so many HORROR stories about buying new but so far things are looking good at Valhalla.

This is my first place too!! I am glad to hear that I am not alone and I hear the stories as well. But this seems to be moving really fast and I was thinking it would be around September also. They have until next month on the 17th of April to extend again. I know the townhouses have to be extended because there is no way they will be ready in time for MAY!

I am really excited, the building looks gorgeous so far. My unit is on the 19th floor, i cant wait till they begin my floor. I will probably cry like a baby. I love the dark glass and all that so far, it looks very posh!

My unit is also on the 19th floor! :) So excited about this project. I have been looking at the construction site and it looks impressive. Love the dark glass look. Very modern! I called the sales office yesterday to inquire about all the dates. So the dates for townhomes have been pushed out to september. Even though it looks like the construction is moving fast I am almost certain that there will be delays. I expect condos to be done by Oct or Nov if not later than that.

Ana, thats amazing neighbour! thanks so much for the update and i figured there would be a delay. Summer seemed unrealistic! The irony is that this building was suppose to be ready by December 2012 anyway, this may actually be the case or maybe a little earlier. The benefit to me, is it gives me more time to save, so not so bad. Keep me updated if you hear anything else further neighbour! :)

My unit is also on the 19th floor! :) So excited about this project. I have been looking at the construction site and it looks impressive. Love the dark glass look. Very modern! I called the sales office yesterday to inquire about all the dates. So the dates for townhomes have been pushed out to september. Even though it looks like the construction is moving fast I am almost certain that there will be delays. I expect condos to be done by Oct or Nov if not later than that.

Yeah I totally agree, I think as fast as its going up delays with this will be inevitable. I actually bought one of the ground floor units and was told my occupancy should be the same time as the townhomes. If that holds at September that would be awesome. Have any of you guys got any word on colour selections yet?

Good luck!

Yeah I totally agree, I think as fast as its going up delays with this will be inevitable. I actually bought one of the ground floor units and was told my occupancy should be the same time as the townhomes. If that holds at September that would be awesome. Have any of you guys got any word on colour selections yet?

Good luck!

Hey Rex,

Congrats on your unit as well. I speak with William from the sales office regularly and he advised that the sales pavillion was suppose to be re-opened March 15th. That seems unlikely now, however, it IS moved so thats a good thing. I heard that the major delay for the move was the slow company they hired to move the trailer and Edilcan wanted to fire them months ago, but couldn't because they are apparently the only company in Ontario to move buildings of that size. I was told that as soon as the pavillion opens they will begin scheduling appointments right away. I am estimating that it should be open in early April as they need to start selling for Phase 3 shortly (which got lowered from 30 floors to 25 by the way). William says that the town house delays should not affect the tower but we will see how true that is.

I have also been in touch with Crayon Design which will be doing the colour selection appointments and they are in process of finalizing the colours and upgrade pricing. I was told i would be contacted as soon as the pricing is in place. Google Crayon design, there website is pretty basic but they will be doing our selections.

So keep me posted if you hear anything else.

Hope this helps!

Hey Rex,

Congrats on your unit as well. I speak with William from the sales office regularly and he advised that the sales pavillion was suppose to be re-opened March 15th. That seems unlikely now, however, it IS moved so thats a good thing. I heard that the major delay for the move was the slow company they hired to move the trailer and Edilcan wanted to fire them months ago, but couldn't because they are apparently the only company in Ontario to move buildings of that size. I was told that as soon as the pavillion opens they will begin scheduling appointments right away. I am estimating that it should be open in early April as they need to start selling for Phase 3 shortly (which got lowered from 30 floors to 25 by the way). William says that the town house delays should not affect the tower but we will see how true that is.

I have also been in touch with Crayon Design which will be doing the colour selection appointments and they are in process of finalizing the colours and upgrade pricing. I was told i would be contacted as soon as the pricing is in place. Google Crayon design, there website is pretty basic but they will be doing our selections.

So keep me posted if you hear anything else.

Hope this helps!

Thanks shorty, that's really helpful. I'll check out crayon designs and see what they're all about. Yeah, I was wondering what was taking them so long in moving that sales centre. Just strap some wheels on it and kick it along its way lol. If I get any news on anything i'll def post it since it seems were all in the same boat here. I think its about that time again for me to call and harass the sales office with more burning questions!!! lol!

Back