News   Mar 28, 2024
 96     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 561     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 357     0 

Buying TTC tokens and metropasses

anybody here know any place in the finch and Weston area that sell TTC tokens and metro pass? or do I have to go to finch station and buy them?

The TTC site says:

Authorized Ticket Agents
Tickets, tokens and passes are also available at over 1,200 TTC Authorized Ticket Agents in Toronto. For the locations of Authorized Ticket Agents, call Customer Information at 416-393-INFO (4636) and select "0" for Operator Assisted Service - available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, except statutory holidays.

Not sure if they will really help you but ..

I don't know why the TTC doesn't have a searchable list of the outlets or a map that sell tokens. I would really like to be able to pay for my tokens with debit or credit.

I don't know why the TTC doesn't have a searchable list of the outlets or a map that sell tokens. I would really like to be able to pay for my tokens with debit or credit.

A list would be good but I was told it changes too often and the TTC is putting all their resources into NextBus and TripPlanner at the moment. You can buy tokens with credit cards at Sobeys, and doubtless elsewhere.

At every Sobey's? I often buy them at Shopper's with debit and/or credit.

Keeping a searchable database online would be very easy to do, and easy for them to edit. I just don't think they really care much about customer service.

As for being able to get them at Sobeys, Metro and SDM, thanks for the tip :)

I have 2 Shopper's Drug Marts within a 5 minute walking distance of me, and neither of them sell tokens or tickets. I haven't tried the Metro on Front St., or the Sobeys Cityplace or Queen's Quay Terminal yet though.

I once went to buy tokens from a local convenience store, and I get there to find that they don't sell them anymore. So I called the number and the guy told me to go to the convenience store I was just at! The next place he suggested was another place that used to sell them, but no longer did. The third place he suggested I had not been to, but fortunately did sell them.

On the TTC website, it says under the Finch station page, "Forms of fare payment include credit or debit." However, a little more browsing will yield a page where it says cards are only accepted for Metropasses...

Seriously, the TTC needs to update its logo and put a facepalm on it!

Back