News   Mar 28, 2024
 255     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 291     0 

Near Future Renders

Traynor

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's a pano created from a couple of pictures taken by Ramako over at SSP. It's the skyline in about 2014. I finished or built about 17 projects for this shot. It's like Where's Waldo to find them all.

Below you will find a larger version and the original two images stitched together that I worked from.

4691207638_a4fcc5faab_b.jpg

(originals courtesy Ramako at SSP posted by Steveve http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=179351&page=45 )

Attachments

• West Skyline 2010 Ac J.jpg
    West Skyline 2010 Ac J.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 649
  • West Skyline 2010 A J.jpg
    West Skyline 2010 A J.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 610
Thanks for your work Traynor. This rendering demonstrates the incredible height and density coming to Toronto's traditional downtown core, that is to say, south of Queen. Not that we all didn't know that already, but the mind's eye can only do so much!

Great work Traynor but with Burano at 160m and 880 Bay at 192m, a difference of 105ft, shouldn't the latter be significantly taller in relation to the former than what you've shown? Cheers.

I think Traynor did exactly that. The blue-ish glass tower on the right is in fact Burano. What looks like balconies is in fact Murano South being covered by Traynor's illustration.

^Good eye barrytron3030.

I did that whole render in one day so there are bound to be mistakes. I do strive to get the scale of each project as accurate as I can because in my opinion that is the whole point of the exercise: To give one an idea of the impact on the skyline.

With that in mind I am only human and a rank amateur at it to boot.

I try my best to match heights in scale to the buildings extant around the future one. For a shot like the one above I also consult topographic maps to adjust for grade change from the lake to Bloor. For example: Yonge and King is 15 meters lower than Yonge and Gerrard, subsequently making Aura appear almost as tall as Scotia Plaza from that distance. Bloor is higher still causing all the towers to appear taller than if they were all in the CBD next to familiar towers like FCP.

But I am fallible and am open to suggestions to improve a render.

:)

Traynor, I didn't mean to sound overly critical and unappreciative. I'm sorry. And I did notice that you put Burano in there. It just struck me that 880 Bay was too short, being 105ft taller than its neighbour. It would be great if you could bump it up but no worries.

Oh no insult was taken. I appreciate someone who has a critical eye and has taken an interest in the subject enough to see errors where they are perceived. But in this case, I magnified the image and looked carefully. 105 feet is only about 10 floors or a fifth of the height of Burano, so I don't think I was off by much.

Perhaps you'll like this version of 880 bay better:

A view from the East this time. The original and the render are at the bottom for comparison.
(Hint: If you click on the thumbnail and then flick back and forth between Prev and Next you can see all the projects added.)

4693265077_f7724f5bde_b.jpg

(Original courtesy jaycola here on UT)

Attachments

• Skyline from the East 001 D Ja.JPG
    Skyline from the East 001 D Ja.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 561
  • Skyline from the East 001 A.jpg
    Skyline from the East 001 A.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 546
Here's a shot of Lower Town in about 5 years. I'm hoping they build 16 york in that time. Also in the view, Success II, Infinity 3 and 4 and of course ICE I and ICE II.

4700802842_f3b89c333d_b.jpg

(Original courtesy sammo at SSC http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1052735&page=7 )

Original and render comparison:
(Hint: If you open the attachment and flick between Next and Prev you can see all the added projects.)

Attachments

• Lower Town Ai J.jpg
    Lower Town Ai J.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 450
  • Lower Town 002A.jpg
    Lower Town 002A.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 522
GReat work Traynor, that shot of Ice and co. is amazin!!! That looks like the development across from Hong Kong ( Kowloon ), total density, urban experience.... AMAZING!

I think it looks like Emerald City.
Hehehehe
I hope ICE doesn't turn out to have green glass like all the others or it will look like the Wizard's castle in OZ! LOL

That's why I made ICE as silvery colour.

I think it looks like Emerald City.
Hehehehe
I hope ICE doesn't turn out to have green glass like all the others or it will look like the Wizard's castle in OZ! LOL

That's why I made ICE as silvery colour.

And paint the road yellow.

Attachments

• Caltrane74 skyline April 2010 A.jpg
    Caltrane74 skyline April 2010 A.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 450
  • Skyline with ICE Db.JPG
    Skyline with ICE Db.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

Back