News   Mar 28, 2024
 86     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Daily Poll for June 8, 2010: Which is your favourite Toronto Pritzker building?

Which is your favourite Toronto building associated with a Pritzker laureate?

• Aga Khan Museum (Fumihiko Maki)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Art Gallery of Ontario (Frank Gehry)

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • CBC Head Office (Philip Johnson)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • CIBC Tower (IM Pei)

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • St. Lawrence Market North (Richard Rogers)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • U of T Dan Pharmacy (Norman Foster)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • U of T Graduate House (Thom Mayne)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk in Toronto over the last several years about all the "starchitects" who are now represented in this city by new buildings. Some of those stars are also winners of architecture's biggest prize, the Pritzker Architecture Prize. With the announcement on Monday that our new St. Lawrence Market North Building is to be designed by the partnership of Adamson Associates and Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, Toronto will have its seventh building associated with a Pritzker laureate.

Considering the five existing Pritzker buildings, and the plans for the Aga Khan Museum and the St. Lawrence Market North building, which is your favourite?

Please elaborate below after voting above!

PritzkerFoster.jpg

Last edited:
I respect this poll, though I instantly ruled out the unbuilt proposals in my judgment. Either way, the Leslie L. Dan Pharmacy Building slyly edged out Pei's Commerce Court West for me. The lobby and 'floating' classrooms are just spectacular.

Had to go with the local guy. F Gehry for his wondrous, beautifully modulated AGO. However, by real vote goes to BCE Place Galleria because there is no doubt in my mind that Calatrava is a future Pritzker winner. (Why he hasn't won his yet is complete mystery to me. Professional jealousy perhaps?)

Back