Toronto One6Nine Jones Townhomes | ?m | 4s | LCH | Open COMPLETE

paraone

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was looking for anything on this church/condo conversion and finally found this online....

I'm still undecided on the design, kinda ho-hum for me. But what is a bit disturbing is the insistance of the city to have the parking garage empty onto Peyton Lane ( a small laneway with residential units and many children, mine included) it would make more sense to me to have the traffic flow directly onto Jones Ave. especially considering the only way to get to Peyton lane is to navigate a series on side streets on which there is a school and 2 daycares.
This is a small building but with 38 units, average of one car per unit means a rather large increase in traffic.

On a more personal note, the new 3 storey addition on the back of the church is going to cast quite the shadow on my garden. but who am I to complain. I just wish that they would centre (east/west) the building more on the property in order to lower the impact of a looming condo over the existing homes on Curzon St.

Anyone else hear anything about this building?

www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/pb/bgrd/backgroundfile-29581.pdf

Get outta here? Seriously?

I bought my place after the public consultaions. I can't find anything that shows how the parking will exit onto the lane. Do you have any idea? That is really my greatest concern, if it turns out half as good as the church conversion on pape I'd be happy.

Any info/renderings you have would be greatly appreciated.

An interested project for this area. It could bring a lot of potential to Jones and spark even more positive transformations for Gerrard St. near this spot.

Renderings:
7868922018_28ae989243_b.jpg

7868920230_f7cf8b3e4a_b.jpg

Some pics of the current (or sort of current status, found on the net):
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Source: http://www.uerev.com/

7868970458_237c3e02b1_b.jpg

Source: google maps

There are now plans for the units. Reactions?

http://www.thestclements.com
http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/the-st-clements

I'm less than impressed at how they plan to slice up the old church. If I were buying in a historical building like this, I would want more of grandeur of the original to come through.

For example:

In H10, which should be the showcase unit in the historical, couldn't there be glass in the upstairs washroom to let through light from the windows at the front of the church? And rearrange the fixtures to put the tub in front of that. Why have a dark ensuite when you could have all this natural light?

In H7 (3 units), the peak of the roof is above the two washrooms in the unit, which are directly opposite one another. I guess they wanted to jam those washrooms in and this was the best place, but what becomes of the pitched ceiling, which is one of the prettier features in the historical pictures?

I guess a lot depends on the execution, and I will be interested to see how that comes out. But it's saddening to see missed opportunities at the design stage.

Looks good to me... I think enough of the original building shines through - pretty hard to escape the churchy connotations. Sure is a welcome development on Jones though.

169 JONES AVE
Ward 30 - Tor & E.York District
►View All Properties

Site Plan Control application to permit the construction of 14 residential units through the rehabilitation and the adaptive reuse of the existing church building on the subject property and the construction of 12 townhouse units configured within stacked townhouse blocks on the vacant southerly lot parcel. There is an existing site plan agreement (File No. 09 153678 STE 30 OZ), which was executed on January 3, 2012 for 169-175 Jones Avenue. The proposed Site Plan Control application will amend this Agreement and includes the addition of lands on the east side of Peyton Lane. The subject property is located north of Dundas Street East and south of Gerrard Street east, on the east side of Jones Avenue. The subject property is comprised of two parcels: 169-175 Jones Avenue and 166 Curzon Street. The parcels have a combined area of 2768.2 square metres (0.68 acres) and are legally described as Part of Lot 11, Concession 1, From the Bay, GeographicTownship of York, City of Toronto.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 15 149723 STE 30 SA Apr 30, 2015 Under Review

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3739070&isCofASearch=false

It would be nice to see this church redone into homes. Jones could really use some nice homes on it to bring it up a bit.

Hello all,

My name is Luke from Lifestyle Custom Homes. Developer of the project at St. Clements.

Just wanted to let you know that the project is moving ahead full boat.

After months redoing the previous design we have finalized our floor plans and offerings. Stay tuned or email INFO@LifestyleCustomHomes.ca to sign up and be the first to receive information.

Hello All

My name is Sergio Bogani from DeCargani Developments and we are the co-developer at the St. Clements. As Luke said we are full steam ahead and looking to have construction start early next year. The project will be split into two developments with Luke and Lifestyle Custom Homes doing the new Townhomes and Stacked Townhomes on the south portion of the property and Decarganie doing the 14 Church Loft units in the actual Church itself. If you have any questions about the Church Loft Development please contact us at sales@stleslieville.com

the site from a couple days ago (right behind the sales centre)
P1450546.JPG
P1450545.JPG
P1450520.JPG

Attachments

• P1450546.JPG
    P1450546.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,237
  • P1450545.JPG
    P1450545.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,199
  • P1450520.JPG
    P1450520.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,217
OMB hearing set for January 4, 2017: https://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL160566

Request for Direction by City Staff: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-97862.pdf

2427451 Ontario Inc. and 2383872 Ontario Inc. submitted a Site Plan Approval application on April 30, 2015 that proposes to convert the existing church at 1690175 Jones Avenue to 14 residential units and to construct 12 stacked townhouses on the southern portion of the property. A surface parking area is proposed for the adjacent property at 35 Peyton Lane to accommodate the parking requirement for the 12 residential units in the former church. The Committee of Adjustment in its decision of June 9, 2016, refused the variances for the properties. That decision has been appealed by the owner to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB). The applicant also referred the Site Plan Approval application to the OMB on June 17, 2016, as a means to consolidate the matters at the OMB. The basis for the referral is Council's failure to make a decision on the application within the prescribed timeframe (30 days).

The current Site Plan Approval application is a substantial revision to the development proposal previously considered by Council when it adopted site-specific Zoning By-law 840-2010. The property has come under new ownership since that time. In the opinion of City Planning staff, the current proposal by the new owner is superior to the former.

Back