News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 859     0 

What advise would you give Stephen Harper to get his majority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade_lee

Member Bio
Reaction score
I suppose Harper is going to have to come out of the evangelical Christian closet sooner or later. How else does he expect to achieve majority government?

Look at what the evangelical Christians did for the Republican Party. Ronald Reagan spotted the opportunity and jumped on it. And, the Republicans have never looked back. George Bush got their vote twice and got the country involved in two illegal wars as a result. Evangelical Christians are great followers...

That's right, the evangelical is the meal ticket for the thinking politician. Christians are sheep and they are gullible. They believe in fables and they don't mind authority at all. What else could a politician hope for? It is like a gift from God.

So, maybe the pundits and the advisors have gotten to the leader and have told him how to achieve the desired, but never attained majority.

Get the hell out the closet and capitalize on the situation!

The sheep are waiting for you. All you have to do is knock on the door, sing their songs and they will follow you to wherever it is that you want to go. You can do whatever you want, invade any country you desire and enact any kind of knife cutting law or policy that you want.

Yes, even in good old secular Canada you have to take the pickings while they are hot and being offered to you. The Christians will rally around you and guess what - the Zionist media will do the rest. They will just want a few favours of course but that won't be such a bother with majority government hmmm?

Christian evangelicals and the Zionists make a very formidable tag team. You want to be like an American, well here is your chance, so don't blow it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

All the best,

Barney Rubble

P.S. Steve: I am still available for the post if you know what I mean.

(todays national post,the globe's little sister, Don Martin's book review)

The difference here is that we do not have a large evangelical movement here, so it cannot be used as a base. Stephen Harper is not stupid, he knows that - he knows that to remain Prime Minister in a functioning government you have to govern closer to the centre than to the wings (in Canada). Although he seems to be somewhat prone to political games, he is also willing to compromise when it comes to governing. For Stephen Harper, he unfortunately does not possess a "warm" personality, and people feel that, and are somewhat uncomfortable with him. Basically he is not the most "likeable" person, regardless of politics, this is his biggest weakness. It is also a reason why it would be very difficult for him to get a majority.

As for the "posting" it is quite bigoted, and even though I am not Christian or Jewish - I find quite offensive.

The difference here is that we do not have a large evangelical movement here, so it cannot be used as a base. Stephen Harper is not stupid, he knows that - he knows that to remain Prime Minister in a functioning government you have to govern closer to the centre than to the wings (in Canada). Although he seems to be somewhat prone to political games, he is also willing to compromise when it comes to governing. For Stephen Harper, he unfortunately does not possess a "warm" personality, and people feel that, and are somewhat uncomfortable with him. Basically he is not the most "likeable" person, regardless of politics, this is his biggest weakness. It is also a reason why it would be very difficult for him to get a majority.

As for the "posting" it is quite bigoted, and even though I am not Christian or Jewish - I find quite offensive.

What do you find offensive? The sheep part? Have you seriously listened to Sarah Palin or Ann what's her face? They are now darlings here on the minstral circuit, one professes to be guided by god and the other claims to be speaking satirically.

Last edited:
ok then move along.....
Can't do that -- not when, based on the thread title, I expected to find a newspaper analysis on how Harper might win a majority, but instead I had to read that drek. Then again, I should have known better since the thread title is wrong (advice, not advise).

And do you know which groups/people love throwing around the label "Zionist media" the most? Far-right nuts and far-left nuts, which just goes to show how alike they really are.

May a thousand well-fed sea gulls unload on your parked car.

He should embrace urban issues and try to help cities. I'd even go as far as suggesting that the constitution be amended giving the federal government more responsibility for urban issues like transit as well. Then he'll get the urban votes which are currently unavailable and he'll be in majority territory. Once the masses of Canadians living in cities see that he has their best interests at heart, he'll win the majority, and we'll be better off.

I suppose Harper is going to have to come out of the evangelical Christian closet sooner or later. How else does he expect to achieve majority government?

[blah, blah, blah) Christians are sheep and they are gullible. They believe in fables and they don't mind authority at all. What else could a politician hope for? It is like a gift from God.

[blah, blah, blah]The Christians will rally around you and guess what - the Zionist media will do the rest. They will just want a few favours of course but that won't be such a bother with majority government hmmm?

Christian evangelicals and the Zionists make a very formidable tag team. You want to be like an American, well here is your chance, so don't blow it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

First of all this is Canada and it is not a crime or offense to be 'evangelical' or a christian. There is no 'closet' here, we are all entitled to our beliefs, including you and your polluted ones.

Second of all, what a lot of racist drivel you spew. It is one thing to be entitled to one's opinion but this nonsense is purely defamatory. It is time for this troll to get the boot. Has it even contributed to one single thread on an urban Toronto issue?

First of all this is Canada and it is not a crime or offense to be 'evangelical' or a christian. There is no 'closet' here, we are all entitled to our beliefs, including you and your polluted ones.

Second of all, what a lot of racist drivel you spew. It is one thing to be entitled to one's opinion but this nonsense is purely defamatory. It is time for this troll to get the boot. Has it even contributed to one single thread on an urban Toronto issue?

Since when is religion or Zionism a racial issue? The fact remains that Harper's beliefs about abortion (a woman's choice and for the safety of women) is based on his religious leanings and not in the best interest of woman and his complete support of Israel despite the last barbaric war (he called it a measured response) is threatening to the efforts of individuals who support Canadian law and our notions about how we engage in warfare.

You want me kicked off of this thread for voicing an opinion? You try to discredit me as a racist? Shame on you.
My advice is to show Stephen Harper the Canadian boot in the next election and the more truth we learn about the Harper school of thought the better.

Last edited:
Evangelical Christians are great followers...

Christians are sheep and they are gullible. They believe in fables and they don't mind authority at all.

Christian evangelicals and the Zionists make a very formidable tag team. You want to be like an American, well here is your chance, so don't blow it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity

You make no credible claims. You offer no balance. Your postings are vile and defamatory. You need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back