624     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Bristol/Hurontario

NRGetic

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello

I'm considering purchasing a condo in mississauga in the northeastern corner of Bristol@Hurontario... very near eglinton@hurontario... the location seems super convenient as it's within 5 minutes from anything you'd ever need. My question is how SAFE is that area? as in theft, break & enter, robbery etc etc. the condo does not have 24 hour security hence why i'm curious if anyone can provide any opinion on the area?

The area is pretty good. The low rise buildings on the west side of Hurontario, one block south of Bristol are public housing but they are relatively problem free. The neighbourhood is mostly upper middle class. Traffic along Bristol on your side of Hurontario is pretty good though the other side can be a nightmare on weekday mornings. I know a fair number of people in the area you're looking at and they have good things to say about it; the only real complaints are about the size of some of the units and the sometimes-long wait to turn left into the complex while driving east on Bristol during afternoon rush hour. If you take public transit, you have easy access to the #19 and the #10 west bound but you'll have to walk up to Matheson or down to Eglinton to catch the express route.

Perhaps you already know this, but there is a good community centre and library on Bristol just a couple of blocks to the east.

I have never heard anything negative about the area, other than the traffic problem around St. Francis Xavier school which Basshats has already mentioned. Some new office construction will be going on the west side of Hurontario just north of Bristol, which might cause some traffic disruption. Transit is about as good as it gets in Miss., with the Hurontario bus having the most frequent service in the city.

If you have kids in school, be aware that the public high school (Applewood Heights) is quite some distance away, and kids travel by bus.

Back