News   Apr 16, 2024
 299     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 369     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 727     0 

What do you think about this floorplan?

Considering it's very small, it is efficient use of 486 sf.

I like that it is a sliding door from the bedroom to the living room (and thus allowing them to call it a 1 bedroom). My new condo's washroom is far from the bedroom as well. But condos are small so not really "far" and in a small space (or any space for that matter) I think it's best for your guests to have the washroom away from the living/dining area. So the placement is fine. Only it's a tight run from your bedroom through the kitchen to the washroom. I'm guessing there is no room for a standard size tub thus shower only.

Since it is a small space, it would be nice to have a balcony to get some air.

But it is what it is... a very small 1 bedroom condo. I'd say it's a very good use of a small space and it will be up to you to furnish it in a manner that will make it feel larger than it really is.

It's a great use of space, but on any of those floors, it will be dark and horrible. You are directly facing the underbelly of the Gardiner and sunlight will be at a premium. Perhaps as an investment unit it would be ok, but resale will be very very difficult IMO.

I does not seem to be very dark and horrible and the noise inside is minimal. see the pictures. what do you think guys?

Attachments

• panorama1.jpg
    panorama1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 475
  • panorama.jpg
    panorama.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 449
Looks like you'll be OK for sunlight... one positive thing about the Gardiner... they won't build a building in front of yours. If the noise is minimal then they definitely took that into consideration. Do you hear the hum of the traffic?

Would love to see more pics... from those pics, it's exactly what I thought of from viewing the floor plan. Tight space, but efficient.

more pics

Attachments

• pan3.jpg
    pan3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 420
  • pan2.jpg
    pan2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 423
  • pan5.jpg
    pan5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 398
  • pan1.jpg
    pan1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 435
  • pan4.jpg
    pan4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 418
Yes, very similar floor plan. Post House has a balcony so it all depends on price and choice of location between each.

For the size, you can't get much more than than. No way to have a a second entrance into the bathroom from the bedroom, so the inconvenience of having to track through the kitchen is just something that you have to accept.
One pet peeve that I have (and this goes for any kitchen) is having the fridge door swing the wrong way. If appliances are included, you might want to check and see if the door swing is reversible.

I personally am not a big fan of having to walk through the kitchen to get to the rest of the apartment.

Back