News   Mar 28, 2024
 22     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 530     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 345     0 

How would you decorate this unit?

Having looked at the King East myself and this particular floor plan, I think there's a lot of interesting things that can be done with that slanted wall. You may find it to be a blessing in many ways.

There is plenty of space in the living/dining to work with. I see a large screen TV against that slanted wall and then you have interesting angles. Any dinner or cocktail party would have your TV as a focal point, if that was something you would like. Or you can place the TV on the shorter wall with a couch against the slanted wall and other seating on either side of the couch to make for an interesting lounge area. You have the flexibility of a round or rectangular dining table in front of the kitchen counter. An oval shaped dining table with the width facing the counter and jetting out lengthwise and on a bit of an angle could make for a funky setup.

The space is there so I think it's worth having fun with this floor plan since certainly it's unconventional.

If you have the terrace then a pool table would be spectacular. :)

Having looked at the King East myself and this particular floor plan, I think there's a lot of interesting things that can be done with that slanted wall. You may find it to be a blessing in many ways.

There is plenty of space in the living/dining to work with. I see a large screen TV against that slanted wall and then you have interesting angles. Any dinner or cocktail party would have your TV as a focal point, if that was something you would like. Or you can place the TV on the shorter wall with a couch against the slanted wall and other seating on either side of the couch to make for an interesting lounge area. You have the flexibility of a round or rectangular dining table in front of the kitchen counter. An oval shaped dining table with the width facing the counter and jetting out lengthwise and on a bit of an angle could make for a funky setup.

The space is there so I think it's worth having fun with this floor plan since certainly it's unconventional.

If you have the terrace then a pool table would be spectacular. :)

UV, are you an interior designer?

It depends on the concrete part of this unit. Probably I´ll choose some orientalic decorations, something like a small fountain (indoor fountain)...maybe historical replica of something. Have a good luck! ;)

For the Living space, I would look for a customized furniture that can offset the slanted wall and where I can place a Wide screen TV. I'll match it with an L-shape couch that will divide the dining & living room. Small corner tables & book shelf along the bedroom wall. I'll go along with UV's idea for the dining area. Unless you want a counter type dining table with see through partition that adjoins with the sink counter.

Personally, I'd go for a round or oval dining table but not a rectangular one, because the short side of a rectangular table will accentuate the weird angle it creates with the slanted wall. A TV can be placed at an angle against the corner of the slanted wall and the balcony. An L shaped sofa facing the TV can be the focal point of the living/dining room and draws people's attention away from the wall. Depending on the actual size of the room, you can choose a sofa/shelf combination where low shelves are place right behind the sofa (on the outer rim of an L shaped sofa) for some extra storage space.

keep em coming guys and gals! Those of you saying I need an L-shaped couch. What are your thoughts on just a regular 3 seater? I have one that I don't really want to part with.

m-gus-trudeau-sofa-3.jpg

I'm thinking an oval table in the dining area, that can seat 6. Then a 2-seater or possibly a 3-seater couch along the slanted wall, with the TV on the wall shared by the bedroom. (I don't think there would be enough room to put a couch on along that bedroom wall, because it'd get in the way of the dining table.)

This would keep the corridor from the bathroom all the way to the terrace doors open too.

I'd put a small 2 seat dining table near the kitchen. The TV in the far corner. A 2 seater couch against the bedroom wall. Maybe another small bench with coffee table or decoration.

Last edited:

Back