News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 637     0 

Market wharf suite type H floorplan

I like it - it's a pretty good use of space and will feel larger than it is. Will there be cabinets above the island (is that what the dotted line represents)?

I actually don't know what those lines are. There are no cabinets above the island though. Perhaps it is an upgrade option. I should inquire.

typically dotted lines indicate upper cabinets, so it's interesting to hear there are none above the island.

overall, the floorplan looks good.
only thing i would change is the removal of the closet in 2nd bedroom from current locaion and move it to the north wall of the den.
it gives you a larger bedroom of 10'7" x 12', slightly more closet storage at 6 ft, and smaller den of 6ft x 7ft.

Nice though where are you going to put the tv in the l/r? Where they have it is too far away imo.

only thing i would change is the removal of the closet in 2nd bedroom from current locaion and move it to the north wall of the den.
it gives you a larger bedroom of 10'7" x 12', slightly more closet storage at 6 ft, and smaller den of 6ft x 7ft.

and have no closest in the bdrm? If you don't have a built in closet you'll need a wardrobe or something instead. I'd just stick with the closet.

This type of unit is becoming a rarity, unfortunately. What a great layout.
A corner unit with lots of light and presumably great view.
No idiotic linear kitchen. An actual island counter!
Although the master bedroom is a little smallish, the closet and ensuite is smartly designed. Anyway a smaller bedroom is preferred if the living space stays reasonably large. Here it does.
I would suggest a couple of tweaks.
I would have the island counter widened to accomodate bar stools.
Consider using the den area for a corner unit table and chairs. Now you have one really impressive livingroom.

This type of unit is becoming a rarity, unfortunately. What a great layout.
A corner unit with lots of light and presumably great view.
No idiotic linear kitchen. An actual island counter!
Although the master bedroom is a little smallish, the closet and ensuite is smartly designed. Anyway a smaller bedroom is preferred if the living space stays reasonably large. Here it does.
I would suggest a couple of tweaks.
I would have the island counter widened to accomodate bar stools.
Consider using the den area for a corner unit table and chairs. Now you have one really impressive livingroom.

I was a bit concerned that the bedroom was on the smallish size, but I think it will fit a queen and side tables (at least, hopefully!). I might think shorten my walk in closet to make the room a bit larger, but the room will be a bit angular on that side, so I'm iffy on that.

I was thinking of widening the island counter actually. I was also thinking of putting a banquette into that den area and a small round glass table there. Not sure if it is large enough, but am also thinking about putting in some sort of hidden shelving/bookshelf above the banquette area. I can use it as a temporary area for working on my laptop or small meals, etc. Not sure if that look will be too busy for the area.

One other thing I've been thinking about is some seating, like a bench, right along the window on one side. A part of me thinks this is a really bad idea. Or maybe just for the corner near the second bedroom (which will be a bedroom/library).

It's on a high floor thankfully, so I do get a view of the water.

Nice though where are you going to put the tv in the l/r? Where they have it is too far away imo.

Yea. I was thinking about that too. I will just have to rearrange the furniture around so it faces the wall of the second bedroom a little better. Hopefully, that will be doable. Although maybe I won't have a tv in my living room at all since I don't really watch tv. However, it would be good to have a tv in the main area for when guests stay over. I might make the second bedroom into a game area/library though, which is where I would put the tv, if that was the way I eventually go.

and have no closest in the bdrm? If you don't have a built in closet you'll need a wardrobe or something instead. I'd just stick with the closet.

Now that I think of it. If I wanted to eventually hire some people for built in cabinets and closets, would it cost more to tear down an existing closet or build around the one that is already there? I would think so. Never done anything like that or hired anyone before.

Check out the bookcase here: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/house-tours/nellies-new-old-home-house-tour-106922

I am thinking of putting something like this in the second bedroom.

Last edited:
Now that I think of it. If I wanted to eventually hire some people for built in cabinets and closets, would it cost more to tear down an existing closet or build around the one that is already there? I would think so. Never done anything like that or hired anyone before.

Check out the bookcase here: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/house-tours/nellies-new-old-home-house-tour-106922

I am thinking of putting something like this in the second bedroom.

if you use your existing closets and hire e.g. Simply Closets or California Closets to build shelving etc into the existing closets (that is, you keep the closet doors you have) this will be much cheaper than removing the existing doors and having custom millwork done. For my last place, I used Simply Closets to install custom shelving in my existing closets. If I recall, three fairly simple closets cost about $2400. I had shelves and areas for hanging clothes but no drawers (to keep costs down). This was money very well spent!

We just bought a place without any closets. For about $18000 we are having closets custom made (ie custom millwork) in our master bdrm. For that we are getting a large wardrobe (H 10' x L 13') and some additional cabinetry with drawers running about 13' long and about 32" high (ie low dresser height).

I'll take some pics of the custom work we are having done now once it's finished if you're interested.

where do i say have no closet ???

removal of the closet in 2nd bedroom from current location and move it to the north wall by the den.
it gives you a larger bedroom of 10'7" x 12', slightly more closet storage at 6 ft, and smaller den of 6ft x 6ft.

I was also thinking of putting a banquette into that den area and a small round glass table there. Not sure if it is large enough, but am also thinking about putting in some sort of hidden shelving/bookshelf above the banquette area. I can use it as a temporary area for working on my laptop or small meals, etc. Not sure if that look will be too busy for the area.

are you considering a linear or L-shaped banquette?
with my proposal, the den would be slightly smaller but it could still accommodate a 6 ft linear banquette, or 6 ft x 6 ft L-shape seating.

if you go with the round table, do not to go bigger than 4 ft diameter, otherwise if you have chairs on the perimeter, it will impede into the hallways and traffic flow.

if you use your existing closets and hire e.g. Simply Closets or California Closets to build shelving etc into the existing closets (that is, you keep the closet doors you have) this will be much cheaper than removing the existing doors and having custom millwork done. For my last place, I used Simply Closets to install custom shelving in my existing closets. If I recall, three fairly simple closets cost about $2400. I had shelves and areas for hanging clothes but no drawers (to keep costs down). This was money very well spent!

We just bought a place without any closets. For about $18000 we are having closets custom made (ie custom millwork) in our master bdrm. For that we are getting a large wardrobe (H 10' x L 13') and some additional cabinetry with drawers running about 13' long and about 32" high (ie low dresser height).

I'll take some pics of the custom work we are having done now once it's finished if you're interested.

Wow I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's so expensive to do a custom job. Yes, please send me some pics. I'm interested in seeing it done. Thanks.

removal of the closet in 2nd bedroom from current location and move it to the north wall by the den.
it gives you a larger bedroom of 10'7" x 12', slightly more closet storage at 6 ft, and smaller den of 6ft x 6ft.

are you considering a linear or L-shaped banquette?
with my proposal, the den would be slightly smaller but it could still accommodate a 6 ft linear banquette, or 6 ft x 6 ft L-shape seating.

if you go with the round table, do not to go bigger than 4 ft diameter, otherwise if you have chairs on the perimeter, it will impede into the hallways and traffic flow.

Yes, I was thinking of an L-shaped banquette. I think 4 ft max diameter is plenty. I'm picturing only a small glass table there.

I think that if I were to remove a closet, I'll just get rid of it entirely. But not sure that will be a good idea for resale value.

Yes, I was thinking of an L-shaped banquette. I think 4 ft max diameter is plenty. I'm picturing only a small glass table there.

I think that if I were to remove a closet, I'll just get rid of it entirely. But not sure that will be a good idea for resale value.

DO NOT remove a closet entirely ... IMO it will affect resale values for many ppl.

that's why i suggest making the 2nd bedroom larger by moving the closet to another wall if you can live with a smaller 6ft x 6ft den, which i think would still work as dual purpose space as an intimate dining room / office.

Back