607     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 372     0 

Bloor Annex

emma23miller

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone living near the Spadina and Bloor corner?
Second night in a row there is a loud humming/drilling noise that starts shortly after midnight (!). Not sure where it's coming form or what it is, although I am pretty sure it's coming from outside. Does anyone live nearby or knows what's going on? Really irritating...
):

Does anyone know what is replacing Sonic Boom? There were dollarama signs on the window covers but I am nOt sure that's what it is. Maybe they are competing with honest Ed's? Also the James Joyce is turning over. A lot of change happening in the annex lately.

It looked like there was a fair bit of work going on there yesterday. Like you, I have also heard that it's going to be a Dollarama.

Can anyone recommend some good breakfast places in the area? Looking for relaxed atmosphere, non-chain restaurants. Found Grapefruit Moon on Bathurst by Follis - and liked that a lot. Any other places that are similar? Thanks!

Fanny Chadwicks (corner of Howland and Dupont) is a little bit pricier than Grapefruit Moon but is really delicious. Don't let the corny name mislead you, it's fantastic.

Who else was surprised that the city let Dollaramma cover all of the second floor windows on that buidling? i remember someone saying elsewhere on UT that the dollaramma was just a holding spot until they tear it down and replace it with something bigger. now that the windows are covered, that seems inevitable.

Who else was surprised that the city let Dollaramma cover all of the second floor windows on that buidling? i remember someone saying elsewhere on UT that the dollaramma was just a holding spot until they tear it down and replace it with something bigger. now that the windows are covered, that seems inevitable.

I didn't realize there were plans to tear down the existing structure. I though they were just planning on using the existing. Interesting if they are in fact planning on tearing down and rebuilding... Guess that block is going to be a mess for far longer than I originally thought.

http://mikelayton.ca/community-meeting-on-bathurst-and-bloor

Community Meeting: Bathurst and Bloor
Posted on: September 19th, 2013
Councillor Mike Layton & Councillor Adam Vaughan invite you to a Community Charette

The Four Corners of Bathurst and Bloor
Building a community vision for the intersection of our communities

Date: Saturday October 5
Time: 1pm – 4pm
725 Bathurst Street, south east of Bathurst and Bloor (map)
What: Community Charette regarding The Four Corners of Bathurst & Bloor

It is the boundary between municipal wards. It is the dividing line for downtown Toronto. It is the intersection of at least four distinct communities. As such, it is has never been looked at as a whole. This meeting will be the first time we sit down, together, as a community to examine this intersection and the neighbourhoods from London to Lennox and Markham to Albany/Lippincott.

Now that the future of Honest Ed’s and Mirvish Village are up for debate, it is even more important to set out a vision for the four corners of Bathurst and Bloor. There are many sites at this corner that may become development sites in the next decade and we need to be prepared as a community to define how we want our neighbourhoods to grow.

The outcomes of this charette on the Four Corners of Bathurst & Bloor will help inform the Bathurst Street study. More information is available online: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/bathurst.htm

I went to Central Tech almost 5years ago. That area is changing fast. Half the businesses I remember are not there anymore. After They tear down Honest Ed's it will be almost unrecognizable.

A little birdie told me that Chipotle will be opening their next Toronto location in the Annex

That would be amazing for my taste buds and horrible for my wallet.

Chipotle hits the spot for me. I mainly eat at the Yonge and Dundas one, but I'd definitely love a Chipotle closer to home. Thinking about it, the Annex makes a lot of sense, Hero Burger opened up fairly recently and has been operating till later and later at night.

Anyone else notice that the Annex's nightlife has started to die down?

Madison pub used to be packed, nowdays half the times I go there it's dead by 1 AM.

The whole street as a whole seems far less busy than a few years ago on Thursday to Saturday nights.

Back