Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Amenity Details Emerge for Daniels Erin Mills First Phase
ALSO
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Burger

Quote Originally Posted by dougtoronto View Post
    Hey everyone. Does anyone know a good burger joint near Church and Wellesley? This area is lacking in good food options.
    Acme burger is OK which is at Church And Wellesley but there's really nothing else there.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Five-Guys-Burgers is always good in the states. Like all food in Toronto, its hit and miss. Outside the GTA you would probably have a better burger.
    I agree. Had it for the first time in WAshington and loved it. Had it here and wanted to toss it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingEast View Post
    I agree. Had it for the first time in WAshington and loved it. Had it here and wanted to toss it.
    Yeah Five Guy's is lame.

Stoked about the Priest being in walking distance from me in May

Also, on the topic of gourmet/expensive resto burgers, two come to mind:

Nota Bene

Jacob's and Co Steakhouse (available only from bar menu)

Hey everyone. Does anyone know a good burger joint near Church and Wellesley? This area is lacking in good food options.

Another option would be to walk over to Gourmet Burger Co at 9 Charles St W (just of Yonge). Not amazing in a Priest/Holy Chuck kind of way but solid nonetheless and at least within walking distance

Leslieville's Joy Bistro has a great beef burger seasoned with London Pride Ale! Add some cambozola cheese and it's near perfection (for me at least!)

The better burger joints have a LCBO license.

Though, of course, in Germany, and other European countries, even McDonald's has beer and wine on their beverage menu.
    W. K. Lis

Best "high-end" burger is at The Harbord Room...

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingEast View Post
    I think i will stay away from Five Guys in Toronto. I will try Five Guys outside of the city and see if they are as good as the ones in the states. If its anything like The Keg and other restaurants, they are usually better outside of Toronto. I tried The Keg on York st recently, the food wasn't up to The Keg standards. My prime rib was inedible i had to send it back, the second cut wasn't much of an improvement. I think the complaints there fall on deaf ears, the place was packed with a 40 min wait for a table. The prime rib i had at the The Keg's in Oakville, Waterloo and Niagara Falls were all outstanding! Much better than the prime rib i had at the York st location.
    Last edited by gabe; 2013-Feb-11 at 17:15.

Considering recent horse meat controversy, it would probably be best to stop eating "beef" burgers for a while.

Why? It's not like you cant get horse meat in some Toronto restaurants

I actually really like horse meat, BUT if one orders beef its more than reasonable to expect to be served beef.

Hero Burger is pretty good too
    I don't even think I would put Hero on the top 50. Just terrible. Like rubber seasoned with dollar store garlic powder.
    Last edited by AlvinofDiaspar; 2013-Feb-24 at 20:50. Reason: Removed offending poster
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

I'd take McDonald's over Hero Burgers. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by someMidTowner View Post
    I don't even think I would put Hero on the top 50. Just terrible. Like rubber seasoned with dollar store garlic powder.
    I'm pretty sure that is a fake account/spammer/bot or something.

15. Default

Just had the Bison Burger and sweet potato fries at Woody's and really liked it. Still waiting to try Holy Chuck's.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast