News   Mar 28, 2024
 230     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 221     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 277     0 

Best Burger

Dangerous Dan's at Broadview & Queen is my roommate's favorate burger joint. He tried to drag me there a couple of times but no way, not my style. I think he just wants an audience to watch him eat insane amounts of food. He's 36 years old and skinny as a rake too. Bitch!

His favorate item from the menu:

Quadruple C

"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"

24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs.
Also comes with a large shake and a small poutine.
Only $ 23.95

The Drake has a good burger.

For a cheap old school burger, Mike's Munchies on Bathurst at Glencairn (summer season only though) are really tasty! And Burger Shack on Eglinton (avoid the bbq sauce though unless you want to smell up your car/home....)

Last edited:
A great family burger place (IMO,) is Griffin Burger in Bloor West. There are some burgers that may seem really crazy (Guacamole, Cheese and Peanut Butter among other things in just a single burger,) but most of them are absolutely delicious. It reminds me of the UK Gourmet Burger Kitchens (if anyone knows that franchise.) Only problem is long wait times; if you go, be ready for at least a 1 hour wait for your food.

Dangerous Dan's at Broadview & Queen is my roommate's favorate burger joint. He tried to drag me there a couple of times but no way, not my style. I think he just wants an audience to watch him eat insane amounts of food. He's 36 years old and skinny as a rake too. Bitch!

His favorate item from the menu:

Quadruple C

"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"

24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs.
Also comes with a large shake and a small poutine.
Only $ 23.95

Seriously? Dangerous Dan's an overrated place that has to resort to gimmicks like this one to get people through the door.

Best burger for my money in this city is a tossup between Allen's or the Detroit Eatery (both on the Danforth). Hamburgers were my favorite food for literally years and I think I've ordered one everywhere in the city there is one to order (except bymark: still out of my pay grade).

Are you kidding? You can get poutine in tons of places, including specialized poutine 'restaurants' like Smokes. Here's an article about poutine in TO: http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_poutine_in_toronto/

Regarding burgers, I've heard that Allen's is the best, but I haven't tried it yet. I really like the Grindhouse's (at King and Peter) burger, although at five ounces some people have complained that it's tad small. They also do buffalo, turkey, and veggie burgers (as well as various other fancier things). Craft burger is great too.

The "home-made" burger at Square Boy on Danforth just east of Jones is good if you're looking for something outside the yuppie burger set.

The onion rings at Gourmet Burger are the best in the city.

I don't get all the Craft Burger fans. I've been to the King West location 3 times, and each has been more disappointing than the last - and that's for an $11 burger and fries!

Last edited:
tried w burger bar today. Not impressed. Meat had no flavour or seasonings and was tasteless.

Just discovered The Gourmet Burger Company on Charles St. West, a few doors west of Yonge. Hands down the best burgers I've ever had. In fact, it's gonna be hard to ignore now that I'm living so close...

GBC is good, but the best burger I've had in Canada has been at Morrison's in downtown Kingston. And the best poutine this side of Mtl.

I've walked by the Grindhouse Burger Bar on King St W--right beside the M5V condo site--and wondered what it's all about. After reading http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/673179 I'm gonna have to go there soon!

Last edited:
Smoke's poutine is absolute Garbagio.

I've heard Poutini's is good/decent, but I've yet to try any Ontario eatery that has good poutine and that does it with cheese CURDS and not just microwave melted cheese. Blech....

Real poutine is still in La belle province for me!

As for Burger joints.... Phat Phill's before it closed down. :(

Haven't had a good burger in sometime, but that's what summer is for! Hope to have a new champion soon!

The Real McCoy's or Johnny's are both great and are pretty much Scarborough staples. I haven't had poutine at Johnny's, but the poutine at McCoy's is my favourite by far

Back