Toronto Liberty Place | ?m | 32s | CanAlfa | IBI Group

thanks MattR ...

liberty_place_banner.JPG

judging from this rendering, I gather Liberty Place will be the tower located to the west of Liberty on the Park (which is in the background on the right)

If this is still the planned next phase behind Liberty on the Park than it's 30 storeys, 93 metres ... the "signature tower" of the community

judging from this rendering, I gather Liberty Place will be the tower located to the west of Liberty on the Park (which is in the background on the right)

That's correct, it's a triangular shaped piece of land (think Flatiron) that is currently the parking lot for the sales centre at the corner of East Liberty and Lynn Williams. It was originally supposed to launch in the summer of 2008. At $141900 those are going to be some tiny places to start at. I'm guessing 300 sq ft.

for everyone's benefit ... here's the Liberty Village masterplan again, and Liberty Place is located at Block 7 on this plan:

Click to Enlarge

Regarding Liberty Place (from BuzzBuzzHome):
address: 150 East Liberty Street
estimated completion: Fall 2014
total units: 421 units
number of storeys: 30 storeys
unit sizes (s.f.): from 390 s.f. to 1381 s.f.
ceiling height 9'0" to 18'6"
price range: from $ 141,900
architect: IBI Group of Companies

with info from iSlutsky's post ... I guess we can now update the thread title: :)

Liberty Place (Liberty Village, CanAlfa, 30s, IBI)

It's the next CanAlfa project. They're also responsible for the Townhouses in Liberty Village/Liberty Village Towers and Townhomes/Bliss, and Liberty on the Park.

Is this the same IBI that's doing the The Berczy? They seem to have partnerships with other firms.... Anyone know how IBI works?

Hancock Brückner Eng + Wright is doing Liberty Village and Young + Wright is doing the Berczy. I imagine these firm continue to operate as they did before being bought out by IBI.

Is this the same IBI that's doing the The Berczy? They seem to have partnerships with other firms.... Anyone know how IBI works?

IBI is a huge multi-national firm that has been expanding recently acquiring smaller planning and architectural firms. They do everything from strategic planning to architecture to transportation materplans etc.

Block 8 - Currently the CanAlfa sales centre - will be developed into a condo/St. Lawrence style market
Block 11A & 2B King West Life Condos - Plazacorp,3 stepped back towers joined by a 10 story podium. Last update said excavation will start in the spring
Block 2A - Western half is Liberty Village Towers, townhomes, lofts and Bliss, eastern half has proposals for condos but nothing marketed yet. Occupancy starts in September.
Block 7 - Liberty Place
Block 3 - Battery Park, Zip and Vibe

I also believe there's a complete map around here somewhere with all this on it.

Back