Toronto Key West | 135.93m | 44s | Times Group | Burka

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Its official, the east/south views from South Beach condos phase 1+2 respectively are down the drain ~

Given Times Group's relationship with Kirkor, I would not be suprised if they are the architects for this project as well~

Source: Urbanation's twitter site
Applications have been submitted by Times Group to develop a 36 storey condominium with 308 units @ 36 Park Lawn Road, this is the parcel immediately abutting the South Beach site in the below images

Click to Enlarge

Checking on the City of Toronto Development Applications Listing I found:

OPA / Rezoning, Application Number 10 104813 WET 06 OZ
Site Plan Approval, Application Number 10 104817 WET 06 SA
Date Received: Jan 14, 2010
Planner Name: Michael McCart, (416) 394-8228

Proposed rezoning to permit new 36 storey residential building with 308 suites, 3 levels of underground parking and covered garage.

Last edited:
Why put Kirkor? in the topic title if you are just assuming?

I can't wait to see more of these lake shore buildings. I'm hoping we get some more unique styles.

Why put Kirkor? in the topic title if you are just assuming?

A "?" was used where the info was not 100% confirmed ... I suggested Kirkor because by practice, that firm has VERY OFTEN been associated with projects by Times Group + Liberty

You did not seem to have problems with the below thread names, why would you have a problem with this one ... trying to make a point perhaps? would you prefer seeing "?architect" instead ??

- Aura: Residences of College Park III (Canderel, 75?s, G+C)
- South Beach Condos (88 Park Lawn, Amexon, 2x 27s?, Arsenault)
- 621 King St. W. (Condo/Hotel@King/Bathurst, Freed, ?s, not Core)
- Fairmont Project (Block 7B, Bremner @ Lower Simcoe, FHR, 37s?)
- Number One Bloor (best crossroads in Canada, GG, ?s, ?architect)

Last edited:
City Planning Preliminary Report

MODs ... I just got confirmation that Burka Architects are behind this project ~

Report to be considered by Etobicoke York Community Council on April 27, 2010:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-28969.pdf

Community Consultation Meeting has been scheduled on April 29, 2010

This application proposes a 36-storey residential tower, with an approximate height of 113 metres, plus mechanical penthouse, containing 308 dwelling units. The development proposes three levels of underground parking, and 20-visitor parking spaces located at grade within the podium.​

Site Plan
36ParkLawn_sp.jpg

East + South Elevations
36ParkLawn_elev1.jpg

West + North Elevations
36ParkLawn_elev2.jpg

I'm not impressed by the design of this slab building though... Burka definitely could have done a lot better ... I would prefer iLofts + California's design over this, but at least this project helps to fill in the Park Lawn strip

certainly purchasers in South Beach won't be happy to see this though ~

It's apparently located somewhere in Muskoka, judging by that render.

a bit of an interesting design idea with glazing framed inside concrete, which cuts across the roof on a diagonal... hardly ground breaking but something different than what we've been seeing lately. similar proportions to the nearby iLofts, perhaps even slimmer?

It's apparently located somewhere in Muskoka, judging by that render.

I was going to say the same, AFAIK there's no woody area like that over there ;)

Good thing I didn't buy a south view in South Beach Phase 2. All the view would've been blocked up pretty quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested to see how this proposed project develops.

SB south views were always in danger of being blocked. There is too much land for potential developments between the SB site and Lakeshore/Lake.

'Key West' huh, so... whats next up?
'The Bayou'?
And where will the 'The Everglades' go?

Also, I really hope they just skip over the 'Bikini Atoll' when its time comes.

Btw, does anyone know exactly when the by-law requiring all new condo's on the Etobicoke waterfront to be named after a southern local or something relating to water was passed? (and whats the deal with ilofts? did they get an exception :confused:)

Any ideas as to price ranges? Would be fun to compare the various towers in that parcel. Times Group typically has design finishes that are above the rest of the pack.

looks like the thick versino of the ps2

Back