News   Mar 28, 2024
 315     0 

Changes To New Real Estate Section

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Welcome to the new Real Estate section, or torontocondoforum, as we originally intended to call it ;). We removed Real Estate to its own section to keep Great Toronto Discussions free from talk about prices, layouts etc. This is an important change that we will strictly enforce. If the topic is about money then it more likely should go into this section.

This section is currently a work in progress. As you can see I've broken a few sections out. I'm looking for advice as to how to organize sub-forums in this section. You can help by posting your thoughts here. I'm also looking for people that would like to help moderate the Real Estate forums. Contact me if interested.

For Sale: Resale + Assignments

Hello mods,

Would it be possible to have two sub-sections in the Real estate's For Sale section:
1. Resale
2. Assignments.

The reason that I asked for this is because there are no listings of Assignment on MLS. Assignment listings usually scatter around in sites like Kijiji or Craigslist, and get little exposure. If we can have a section that is just for Assignments, it would help both buyers and sellers. They'd know just the right place to go list, and to go find, an assignment.

For the next few years, more and more assignments will come on to the market, there will be a great demand for this section.

Thanks,
Agu

First off, I would suggest making it clear that this new forum is for folks who actually have product inventory to buy/sell (versus agents trolling for new clients). Would also suggest that B/Ss declare upfront whether it is a private sale (FS By Owner), or agent/broker selling (FS by Broker).

Two Gen categories:

1) TO BUY
i) resale
ii) assignment

2) TO SELL
i) resale
ii) assignment

For Assignments, I would love to see actual details listed similar to MLS listing : building name; building address; studio/1/1+1/2/2+ etc.; size/dimensions of rooms; floorplans attached; total interior sq ft.; exterior balc/terrace; pkg (Y/N); locker (Y/N); maint $ (and what is included); annual taxes (state year); other amenities; price offered/wanted must be specified - no blind adverts.

I agree with aguduser that this area now works in the gray zone, and will explode in the next few years as investors who put down 0/5/10% now must stump up more money as occupancy approaches. Prospective owners' circumstances also may have changed. Transparency/honesty is key.

Though this is getting complex, you could even establish a tracking database to look at past assignment sales stats. How else can we follow past comparable assignment sales prices for similar units at different points in time? How can B/Ss know if they are getting a fair deal?

Not sure what exactly is involved in moderating the forum....

Its been a while but we are now starting to work on the Real Estate section of Urban Toronto. This is the area of the forum where discussions of price is welcome. This is the section of the forum where we welcome agents and customers talking along with buying and selling. Want to hear from all of you how we should best organize this. The first change is the new "Real Estate - Individual Project Threads" section. We are now taking all the specific projects out of "Real Estate General Discussions" and moving them into this section. Suggestions and comments welcome.

I would love this!! I have 2 assignments and 1 resale and i really enjoy this site and would LOVE to post my listings here!

Great idea, I think Project specific is great! And then a separate section for people who want to buy and sell in general so people can post their precon assignments

Back