News   Mar 28, 2024
 407     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 372     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 722     0 

Forum Issues Since Relaunch (Jan 20, 2010)

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
New site is up and running. We haven't had a chance to test everything. So post any issues you have with the new site here and we'll see what we can do to fix them.

Thanks
Ed

Glad things are up and running again! :)

Is it possible to enable the forum to use the full width for widescreen monitors? about a quarter of the screen on the right side is blank right now

Would it be possible to change the colour of the icon of a new post from a light blue? It's hard to tell the difference between white and light blue.
I'm referring to the icon beside a new post in a thread.

I hope I don't hurt any feels for saying this. The banner is very tacky and amateurish, it feels like I’m viewing a webpage back in the 90's. I think everything would look better if kept simple. Lose the picture and "welcome to our planet". Keep the red and white "urban Toronto" and the slogan underneath in a small font. I also can't believe more boards were added. This site only has 6k members, I don't think there is any reason for 24 boards.

The "go to first unread post" button doesn't work for me. It just brings me to the top of the last page.

PS, nice work on the upgrade!

A few things...

I agree with A. Badaraco about the "view first unread post" button not taking you to that post, but just the top of the page.

The "Go" button beside the "Quick Navigation" drop down menu at the bottom of each thread should be added. The "Top" button is convenient, but still requires two clicks if returning to the same sub-forum.

The envelope icon beside each thread in the sub-forums is rather annoying. It's very prominent for something that is basically useless. The "view first unread post" button should be more prominent than the small circle it currently is.

I do like how I can view a single post from someone on my ignore list without having to remove them from ignore list just to read one post which may actually be informative.

The header image is really wide (1193 pixels). The layout of the site seems to assume our browser window is 1280px wide. (no bigger, no smaller). I prefer to have a few windows visible at once, so I like to be able to resize my windows smaller without sites requiring a lot of horizontal scrolling.

I like the logo, but I think it would be better without the earth/cityscape background. I don't really understand what the large earth, and the "Welcome to our planet" tag line have to do with Toronto.

I like the new look, but I don't think the Search function is working......

Good points raised above, but I do like the new banner.
The "Preview Post" button is gone which I always used to re-read/test my post & attachments for accuracy before putting it up but I discovered that "Go Advanced" has a preview (and preview button) along with additional options.

OMG! I missed this forum! I love the new, shiny look. And it has spell check! And it has a nice "new car" smell about it! Congrats!!!

Is there any way we can change the default behavior when clicking on a thread title (this isn't a new issue).
Namely, it takes you to the very first post - to go to the last post you have to click the small last page number button.

It'd be nice if clicking the title took you to the last page by default.

The header image is really wide (1193 pixels). The layout of the site seems to assume our browser window is 1280px wide. (no bigger, no smaller). I prefer to have a few windows visible at once, so I like to be able to resize my windows smaller without sites requiring a lot of horizontal scrolling.

i got the same issue. the site isn't 1024x768 friendly anymore. you need an autodetect screen resolution script to choose the header. you should at least have 3 headers with one being for screen resolutions of 1024x768, another 800x600 , and another for whichever resolution the new header is for.

Last edited:

Back