News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Looking for an affordable hard loft....west of Bathurst

in need of help

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi there,
So I basically had the opportunity of a lifetime, and I didn't jump on it. :(
I looked at the Iron Works lofts that had the square footage I wanted (1000+), at the price I wanted (around 350k). Now they are sold out and I'm looking for something that is comperable. I know it's a lot to ask for, but I'm hoping to get something similar West of Bathurst and South of St. Clair. Does anyone know of something like this that exists? I'm willing to do pre-build or resale. I'm finding it really hard to find something that fits the bill. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Have you checked out the Foundry Lofts, two blocks west of the Iron Works Lofts, at Davenport and Lansdowne? The square footage and prices are comparable. Last time I checked, a brand new 1100 sq ft unit is around 370K. These are two story units with 16 ft ceiling in the living space.

Foundry Lofts has better location than Iron Works Lofts, IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion... I'll definitely check it out.
The unit 103 has been sold conditionally. I've been checking back with them every day to see if for some reason it fell through... no such luck though.
I'm obsessed...I know.
Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll definitely check it out.
The unit 103 has been sold conditionally. I've been checking back with them every day to see if for some reason it fell through... no such luck though.
I'm obsessed...I know.
Thanks again!

Don't be obsessed, it's never good for you as a buyer! And to be honest, I don't think this is such a great deal as "the opportunity of a lifetime". It's not a great location.

Get yourself cooled down a bit. And when you regain your energy, start looking around again. There're always great deals to be had, you just need to look more. And be patient. Sometimes a "loss" like this is a blessing in disguise in hindsight. It happens to me a lot of times.

Thanks for the advice! Seems like there is only one unit left at Foundry and it's around 470... so the search continues! I really shouldn't be obsessed with buying since the housing market seems a bit crazy right now. Maybe I should hold off until things seem to calm down.

But... I still welcome any suggestions anyone may have!

Last edited:

Back