News   Mar 28, 2024
 633     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 376     0 

Post a good floorplan!

Monaco

Member Bio
Reaction score
With all this talk about small units and their floorplans....post a floorplan which you think makes excellent use of space and/or has unique features.

It can be any size, from studios to larger units, from any building, and year. You may also want to post why you think it is an excellent floorplan (but not mandatory) so people can see your thought process, although it might be quite evident.

Please include the total square footage of the unit, as well as room dimensions if not already indicated.

(Thanks for the contributions so far)

Last edited:
if anyone can find floorplans for Radio City 1 & 2, that would be appreciated.

of the projects i've seen, the majority of the floorplans for either of these towers have been good.

I have one from Radio City and it is quite efficient, considering it is 1083 square feet. This could very easily be three bedrooms.

Attachments

• Radio City 1083sq ft (3b).jpg
    Radio City 1083sq ft (3b).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,100
Heh. Funny you should mention this. I'm in the midst of redesigning my basement. We've had to make a lot of concessions to deal with the existing support structures and ductwork. So, it will never be as space efficient as a 2010 condo, but it's probably as space efficient as many 90s designs.

Still, I'll be gaining lots of usable space. I currently have the world's biggest laundry room. The previous owner basically made 1/4 of the basement the laundry room, which means that my laundry room is as big as most condos' master bedrooms. What a complete waste of space.

College Park unit - Pretty much no wasted space.

Attachments

• CP04.JPG
    CP04.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,027
Last edited:
I'll try to scrounge my floor plan from Liberty Village Towers as I think it's excellent and I'm a stickler, but I'd be very interested to see what other people think (although i think I already know one criticism that might be levied - bedrooms off the living room).

As for the Radio City floorplan, while it could be 3 bedrooms, there's a lot of wasted space in the entryway all the way to the living room (I'd guess at least 60 sq feet). The area between the living room and the kitchen is also quite awkward and I don't like how upon entry there's a bedroom immediately to your right (meaning you have to walk through all your shoes, etc. to go to bed) and you're staring right into another bedroom from the front door.

On the upside, the bedrooms are a decent size, closet space and living/dining room space is good and the balcony's excellent!

With the College Park unit, I'd say the entire 2nd bathroom is wasted space, as is the solarium. Never understood those.

Last edited:
I have one from Radio City and it is quite efficient, considering it is 1083 square feet. This could very easily be three bedrooms.

thanks greenleaf.

IIRC, that might be one of the upper floor / PH suites.

do you have any of the standard 1b, 1b+d, and 2b plans?
i think they ranged from 550 - 845 SF.

PS - can we also have posters include the unit's SF and room dimensions if they aren't already indicated.
some of my peeves from builder's plan is the lack of measurements, and their use of micro-furniture to make the rooms appear larger.

Last edited:
That's a super efficient one with incredible use of space. The only quibble I'd have with it is the different flooring between the spaces as it cuts it up in such a small space, but that's easily fixable!

That's why i bought it ;). Unfortunately,the only one available at the time was on a low floor (~3rd) but I figured the conveniance of being able to use the stairs and not have a long elevetor wait time was worth it.

Small 600sqft unit at EAST Lofts

I am probably biased when it comes to my own unit, but I have yet to find a similar sized unit (or even larger ones up to 800 sqft) with such a large living room/dining room (especially the 11'8" width). Of course it comes at the expense of the bedroom real estate but at the time when I bought this (I was single) I could live with a 9'x10' bedroom.

Would love to hear commentary on how best to use the den space.

Attachments

• condo layout.JPG
    condo layout.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 957
Last edited:

I would say the solarium is a waste of space. I have one in my current place and its the most useless space in my apartment. I would rather get rid of that solarium, move the kitchen forward, and use the space where the kitchen is now as a den.

I am probably biased when it comes to my own unit, but I have yet to find a similar sized unit (or even larger ones up to 800 sqft) with such a large living room/dining room (especially the 11'2" width). Of course it comes at the expense of the bedroom resl estate but at the time when I bought this (I was single) I could live with a 9'x10' bedroom.

many options from office to temp guest room ...
you will only be able to place furniture along the 2 perimeter exterior walls since you'll need to keep at least 2 ft clearance for traffic flow access to entry closet.

mdot said:

the 2nd bathroom is unnecessary and the solarium, as is with the double doors, is not the best use of space.
if the solarium can be opened up as a continous space with the LR/DR then you'd have a really sizable and usuable LR/DR.

unfortunately, the bedroom door opening into the LR/DR restricts one's versatility with furniture placement.

Last edited:
I am probably biased when it comes to my own unit, but I have yet to find a similar sized unit (or even larger ones up to 800 sqft) with such a large living room/dining room (especially the 11'2" width). Of course it comes at the expense of the bedroom resl estate but at the time when I bought this (I was single) I could live with a 9'x10' bedroom.

Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of the den as it is in your layout. It's hard to make it a really useable space because of the whole "front door opening into your den" thing. I have a ton of books, so I would probably use shelving to create a library with a desk integrated into the shelving. I guess it's also possible to use as a dining room, which would really open up your living room area. But as a place to place a couch or pullout for guests, it's not really a practical option.

I always think the best den is the one you can place a pullout couch and a smaller TV in...to serve as a room for occasional guests. Or if you're a couple, one person can watch TV later at night without disturbing your significant other as they try and sleep. Oh, or as an emergency "baby room" it that happens, until you can move out into something more appropriate.

Back