News   Mar 28, 2024
 603     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 367     0 

View from the west - Future Render - Happy Holidays

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
A leading magazine that examines Toronto life tracked me down in various forums and asked me to provide a future render
for an upcoming issue, for proper compensation of course. One of the options I offered was an update on my old future view from Marina Del Ray.

After they blew me off without so much as a courtesy call, I decided to continue work on the render with hopes of applause from dozens (rather than tens of thousands).

I attach for your viewing pleasure:

1. major slice of the original pano circa 2003/2004 from Marina Del Ray
2. additions made - NOTE: I will eventually provide a project/status key to go with this however please feel free to play "where's Waldo" if you want to take a stab at identifying
the additions. *obviously the status of 1 Bloor East will be cancelled with a note regarding Great Gulf's TBA project.
3. the final render circa 2014 or so

I've included some built project updates such as BMO recladding and new height for RioCan's Y/E property, but left out all the 20-30 storey things in Liberty Village.... the layers devoted to proposals in the
entertainment district were just too... overwhelming. I've left out a couple dozen of others out of sheer weariness.

Those little dabs of colour you see in this render... started out as actual elevations. Crazy but Seasons Greetings nonetheless.

Before
TorLife-before.jpg

Additions
TorLifeadditons.jpg

After
TorLife-futureToronto.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing job. It's amazing seeing the difference in density over just 10 years.

BTW, what's that round looking building between L Tower and the CN Tower in the rendering? Sometimes it's hard to place things at this vantage point.

What a change in just a few short years ! I can only wonder what the renditions of Toronto's skyline will look like in a few more years. Great work !

BTW, what's that round looking building between L Tower and the CN Tower in the rendering? Sometimes it's hard to place things at this vantage point.

Wouldn't that be the Parade west tower? You can see what looks like the bridge to the east tower to its right.

Back