News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 865     0 

Disappearing Subway Maps

Fred.S

Member Bio
Reaction score
Subway maps have always been over every other door in the subway trains. I've noticed however in the last few months that they've been disappearing. I was on a train the other day that didn't have any in the car i was in. In some cases the space above the door where the map is supposed to be is empty, in others it's been replaced by advertising.

Anyone know what's going on?

Subway maps have always been over every other door in the subway trains. I've noticed however in the last few months that they've been disappearing. I was on a train the other day that didn't have any in the car i was in. In some cases the space above the door where the map is supposed to be is empty, in others it's been replaced by advertising.

Anyone know what's going on?

I'm taking them down and doing a wall with them. :):)

I was on 4 train on Sat where 3 had maps on them of all thing.

Very rare I get on a car with a map for the last few months.:confused::confused:

Stealing them appears to have become so sort of urban right-of-passage.

I don't condone such foolishness.

Well in the past there's always been the odd map missing (stolen), but every car I've been on in like the last two months have been missing maps. I'm wondering if the TTC is up to something, or if there's suddenly a huge, sudden jump in thefts... :confused:

Perhaps TTC management is suddenly embarrassed at the pitiful size of the network, so the maps are being disappeared, Stalin-style.

They are likely just not replacing them in anticipation for St Claire lrt being added to the map. (Or at least that would be logical)

Considering the speed at which the TTC works it is probably a hint that they are working on the maps for the Spadina extension of the YUS line. The enhanced maps should all be back by 2020, just in time to be removed again for the upcoming Richmond Hill extension. (And then there's the DRL...)

I still laugh about how they left Glencairn off the maps for the YUS line that are in the stations to indicate the direction of the trains, and had to have a Glencairn Sticker with the name and a dot for the station, that was affixed to all the maps. How incompetent can you be?

Maybe if all the current maps are stolen, they'll be forced to put the pre-Sheppard subway maps back up...my last sighting of a pre-2002 map was, I believe, in 2007.

I'm pretty sure they're being stolen, theres a teacher here who has one taped to his desk...

I actually saw 2 teenagers pull one off and then leave the train with it a few weeks ago.

I saw a group of teens pull one down a few years ago, but they just left it on the floor and left when the train got to their stop.

I have one in my room, but got mine from my roommate who worked for the TTC.

Back