Panorama Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

ABuyer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does any one know how far in advance one should expect the Inspection Package? Our last communication with the builder had a tentative moving date of March 28, 2010.

I'm wondering myself. The only communication I get is when the cheques come out of my bank account.

Does any one know how far in advance one should expect the Inspection Package? Our last communication with the builder had a tentative moving date of March 28, 2010.

PDI packages will probably be sent out very soon. You will get a letter that your interm occupancy date has been moved to May 2010 and PDI will start soon.

When I got this for my Luna suite, the PDI package was sent a few weeks after.

PDI packages will probably be sent out very soon. You will get a letter that your interm occupancy date has been moved to May 2010 and PDI will start soon.

When I got this for my Luna suite, the PDI package was sent a few weeks after.

Actually I just got a letter via Registered Mail yesterday confirming my interim occupancy date has been moved to June 9, 2010 and that I will get a PDI package 4 weeks before that date. Just an FYI.

Got my letter too... Our Confirmed Interim Closing is end of May, just got to wait for the PDI package now.

Finally got the PDI package... Now I need to find a Lawyer, does anyone have any sugestions?

You beat me to it. I just received mine yesterday as well. Do you need a Lawyer for the home inspection? Being a first time home buyer, I'm trying to familiarize myself with the process. In addition to the checklist to be printed off from the Tarion websiite, what other things should one look for during the home inspection?

S.

You don't need a lawyer yet for the PDI. Concord assigns a rep to help you with the PDI. Eventhough they work for the builder, I find they were pretty helpful when it came my PDI at Luna.

You don't need a lawyer for the inspection, but at the intrim closing you need one. I am guessing your Interim is in May as well if you got the package now as well. You will notice there is a title designation sheet which you have to provide your lawyer's info on and mail back to City Place's lawyer. Also as I read in the package you will get the keys from your lawyer on the Interim. Just wondering, it says on the sheet that I recieved that only the purchaser can view the unit, does this mean that my wife can not accompany me if she is not on the purchase and sale agreement?

You don't need a lawyer for the inspection, but at the intrim closing you need one. I am guessing your Interim is in May as well if you got the package now as well. You will notice there is a title designation sheet which you have to provide your lawyer's info on and mail back to City Place's lawyer. Also as I read in the package you will get the keys from your lawyer on the Interim. Just wondering, it says on the sheet that I recieved that only the purchaser can view the unit, does this mean that my wife can not accompany me if she is not on the purchase and sale agreement?

I would think it would be harmless if you brought your wife since its only an extra person and I gather she will also be a resident. I think that the purpose of limiting the amount of people at your PDI is to avoid crowds and family members taking up too much time while they're "taking the tour" as I garner that they will have other PDI bookings throughout the day to attend to. I would highly doubt that they would send your wife home had you brought her along as this would be terrible customer service. That being said, I'm just thinking from a logical perspective and am unsure of what their recourse would be if she did accompany you.

S.

I don't think the finishes are much different... I am not too familiar with Luna but as far as I can tell, much of the finishes are the same. We chose panorama mainly because of the floor plan, but also the absence of a pool and the number of suites contributed to our decision. The way we saw it, if there is a pool usually the maintenance tends to go up higher and faster, also we didn't want to live in a huge building with large number of renters. The Panorama building offered everything upgraded and standard with no investor option which allows you to downgrade your unit if you intend to rent it out. We figured this may discourage people to spend a lot of money to put it in care of a renter who may not care about their investment, which in turn we hope will add to the value and care of the building as a whole. On another note, we just booked our PDI for March 19th so I will make sure to take pictures so you get an idea of the finishes in this building.

Last edited:

Back