News   Mar 28, 2024
 409     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 294     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 318     0 

Cadillac Fairview can you be any lamer with Santa this year?

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Cheapest/lamest Santa set up I've ever seen. I can understand if it was some small mall but the Eaton Centre?

IMG_9989.jpg

IMG_9999.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Are they using the green backdrop to let you pick custom backgrounds for your photos? Because at least that would make a little sense. You could have Santa in Space.

Yes to the green screen. They give you a choice of three settings. In front of the Eaton tree, in front of Santa's village or in a sled flying through the Eaton Centre. Still pretty lame.

Poor Santa

Someone should save him and make a movie out of it! I've never heard of such a plot...

In Hamilton's downtown Mall --Jackson Square--, Santa is stuck in an empty shoe store.

At our biggest Mall --Limeridge--, there used to be a huge display with moving characters, and buildings, 'snow' , trees, etc...
Now it's pretty much the same thing as TEC; Santa infront of a screen on a chair.

Things just aint the way they used to be, that's for sure!

"Santa photo experience". Ah, the stuff a child's memories are made of.

I guess with the recession, you'll probably see more of this:

SantaBar.jpg

That's a horrible set up! :eek: I miss the days when malls had huge Christmas displays with the robotic characters. Malls now a days probably don't have the money like they used to.

That's a horrible set up! :eek: I miss the days when malls had huge Christmas displays with the robotic characters. Malls now a days probably don't have the money like they used to.

Don't kid yourself, MORON MARKETING is the real story here!

Regards,
J T

Last week as my mom & walked past The Bay we were lamenting about the good 'ole days when both she and I were youngsters. Simpsons and Eatons had the great animated Christmas displays in the windows along Yonge and Queen Streets. I have such strong, happy memories planted in my mind of those annual hikes downtown to catch a glimpse of the Christmas displays in the windows through the throngs of people. Those were the days. I freaked when I saw photos from that era in the "Miscellany Toronto: Then & Now" thread. Pretty much just as I remembered.

The Bay is trying, I'll give them that. Go to the Christmas department on the fifth floor--you'll see. May be a sales display, but what a sales display!

The Bay is trying, I'll give them that. Go to the Christmas department on the fifth floor--you'll see. May be a sales display, but what a sales display!

Agreed, The Bay has certainly tried the last few years and you catch quite a few people stopping to take a look at the windows. They also do a pretty good job with the fifth floor.

Back