Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto
18 York St, Toronto
Developer: GWL Realty Advisors, bcIMC
Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1592

Thread: Southcore Financial Ctr: Bremner Tower & Delta (GWL/bcIMC, 30 + 47s, KPMB & P+S/IBI)

  1. #271
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Y&E
    Posts
    5,925
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Anyways, I think the reporter got a little confused. The Delta is going ahead and should be in the ground by spring. The second office tower will need some pre-leased space before it goes ahead.

    Actually there have been more then a few rumors about it being built on spec (i.e. no leasing first) ... not sure it'll happen but we'll see.
    If I had a penny for every time someone asked me why I was looking up…


  2. Default

    Looks like these two buildings are going up sooner than we think...i cant wait to see the Delta hotel up and running, i'm also keeping my fingers crossed that they get rid of that derilict piece of junk at Yonge and Gerrard and thus make way for a two tower mixed-use office/condo development on Gerrard all the way to Bay st.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automation Gallery View Post
    Looks like these two buildings are going up sooner than we think...i cant wait to see the Delta hotel up and running, i'm also keeping my fingers crossed that they get rid of that derilict piece of junk at Yonge and Gerrard and thus make way for a two tower mixed-use office/condo development on Gerrard all the way to Bay st.
    A project of that nature would compliment Aura quite nicely I would say.

  4. #274

    Default

    That would be a huge demolition, but probably worth it given the value of that real estate. I am sure Delta has been embarrassed to have its name on that pile, no other hotel could afford to renovate it, so this could happen. Come to think of it, that is one HUGE block. You could take everything down aside from the storefronts on Yonge.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St Lawrence Market Area
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buildup View Post
    That would be a huge demolition, but probably worth it given the value of that real estate. I am sure Delta has been embarrassed to have its name on that pile, no other hotel could afford to renovate it, so this could happen. Come to think of it, that is one HUGE block. You could take everything down aside from the storefronts on Yonge.
    It may be ugly but it is the biggest hotel in Toronto and is often fully booked by conventions. I bet it makes them LOTS of money.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSC View Post
    It may be ugly but it is the biggest hotel in Toronto and is often fully booked by conventions. I bet it makes them LOTS of money.
    Yeah, big old and ugly and makes money... but by the time these new six or so 5-star hotels and six or so 4-star hotels are operating in full steam here in Toronto that hotel unit wont stand much of a chance of survival.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSC View Post
    It may be ugly but it is the biggest hotel in Toronto and is often fully booked by conventions. I bet it makes them LOTS of money.
    Guess, they are using years of massive profits from that property, to finance the construction of the new hotel on Bremner.
    Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

  8. #278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automation Gallery View Post
    Looks like these two buildings are going up sooner than we think...i cant wait to see the Delta hotel up and running, i'm also keeping my fingers crossed that they get rid of that derilict piece of junk at Yonge and Gerrard and thus make way for a two tower mixed-use office/condo development on Gerrard all the way to Bay st.
    It's too well-used to be "derelict". And it's too urban-intensification in its own right to make for a plausible demolition prospect...

  9. #279

    Default

    The Delta Chelsea is an EXCELLENT hotel. My favourite. And the location is part of what makes it so great.

    Enough of this "it's only good if it's new or heritage" nonsense.

  10. #280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
    Guess, they are using years of massive profits from that property, to finance the construction of the new hotel on Bremner.
    I highly doubt the two properties have the same ownership. The hotel brands have long given way to pension funds and hotel REITS to build hotels.

    One of the largest in Canada is Innvest

    http://www.innvestreit.com/portfolio/map/
    got some ice to sell you

  11. #281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SP!RE View Post
    The Delta Chelsea is an EXCELLENT hotel. My favourite. And the location is part of what makes it so great.

    Enough of this "it's only good if it's new or heritage" nonsense.
    Well, I don't think it'd ever win prizes in architecture or urbanism--however, we're also dealing with a "too big/familiar to fail" situation. And besides, at least it's "midblock"; and there's something about the shoehorning-in of that 70s MGM-Grand-ish international-hotel-modern (especially with its 80s additions making it even more humongous) that really, ironically invigorates that general area--it's less obtuse than Harbour Square or the Hudson's Bay Centre, even if in spite of itself...

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Old Town via Deer Park
    Posts
    387

    Default

    The Delta Chelsea is also in the midst of extensive interior renovations suggesting it's here to stay.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    near Bay & Bloor
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    To stay on-topic off-topic, I could see Ryerson scooping up the Delta Chelsea and use it as a massive dormitory.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leaving Rob Fordland before it is too late.
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    To stay on-topic off-topic, I could see Ryerson scooping up the Delta Chelsea and use it as a massive dormitory.
    I bet Toronto Police would not be too happy with that.

  15. Default

    I could see Ryerson scooping up the Delta Chelsea and use it as a massive dormitory.
    Not likely - it's been stated that Ryerson doesn't want to be directly involved in any student residence projects. Besides, the site is probably too good for such a use - I would expect any new student housing sites to crop up on the eastern edge of the campus instead.

    AoD

Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •