Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Condo George

Member Bio
Reaction score
Look for Fairmount Hotels and Resorts to make their annoucement in the spring of 2010 on their parcel just north west of Ice next to 18 York;)

Yes, proposed plans posted here a while ago, not a rumour just waiting on final. Really cant say too much more.:cool:

Well let's hope it looks as good as the one being built in Vancouver.

I wonder what they'll call it... Fairmont Toronto? Fairmont Lake Ontario? Fairmont Railway Lands? Those don't have the same cachet as Royal York or Pacific Rim.:p

Here is a link that mentions FHR holdings (Fairmont) ownership of property in the area. Lanterra purchased the Ice lot from them as well

http://www.lanterradevelopments.com/news/mlse_media_summary.pdf

FHR (Fairmont Holdings) also contributed to the Simcoe tunnel construction. Any development on that land was restricted until the tunnel was completed. Now that it is CondoGeorge is correct it should be a matter of a few months before a big announcement

Zoned for 37 floors Hotel. Condo/hotel concept like Trump/Ritz would be a welcome addition. Will bring up the while block $ wise

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too bad that it's not zoned for more height. 37 floors isn't bad, but this seems like a perfect location for a 200+ metre tower.

Keep in mind 37 storeys was huge back in 2001/2002 when it was approved. I could see an increase in height if there isn't some bylaw in the way.

Keep in mind 37 storeys was huge back in 2001/2002 when it was approved. I could see an increase in height if there isn't some bylaw in the way.

Could be 37 floors but at the height of 50.. For example the office tower at Ice is only 31 floors but rises about 50 floors in comparison to the condo

High end shopping mall here as well?

edit: Perhaps Metro Toronto C.C could be retrofitted into a shopping mall?
Better: renovate/expand the Skywalk section along Station Street. It's one of the most interesting spaces in the city, but it's carries mostly event crowds and never really took off. Possibly even punch another pedestrian tunnel under the tracks. If that development on top of the old CNCP Telecommunications building goes through, that might help.

Back