338     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 348     0 

Good fences make good photos...

Architourist

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Globe & Mail's "Architourist" here. I'm trying to assemble a bunch of photographs of some really interesting fences for a column. Gotta be residential and the more innovative the better...can also be weird, too, i.e. using reclaimed materials.

Can anyone direct me to some neighbourhoods/addresses? Or a Google street view of some?

I will give credit to forumers (and will use real names if you want to provide them) for any that I use.

Cheers,

Dave

My favorite fence is the one that does not exist between our backyard and our neighbours' in Corktown. It's one of the few rowhouses I've seen with a shared backyard, and it makes the 14-foot wide plots feel much less cramped.

Hey everyone,

Globe & Mail's "Architourist" here. I'm trying to assemble a bunch of photographs of some really interesting fences for a column. Gotta be residential and the more innovative the better...can also be weird, too, i.e. using reclaimed materials.

Can anyone direct me to some neighbourhoods/addresses? Or a Google street view of some?

I will give credit to forumers (and will use real names if you want to provide them) for any that I use.

Cheers,

Dave

The "bike fence" near the western end of King St., a couple of blocks before Roncesvalles. Here's one crappy photo that doesn't do it justice:
http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2006-02-28/MD-2006-02-28-003.html

Haven't been by there in a while, but it looks more overgrown in Streetview than I remember.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...=7GT5ZEyIrucoM35mOLOWVg&cbp=12,68.65,,0,11.94

Cheers,
Vic

My favorite fence is the one that does not exist between our backyard and our neighbours' in Corktown. It's one of the few rowhouses I've seen with a shared backyard, and it makes the 14-foot wide plots feel much less cramped.

Since moving into a rowhouse, I've had the desire to do that too.

i don't know if this would count as residential, i think it's more institutional...

link

of course, interesting means different things to different people. i find old walls interesting.

Back