News   Mar 28, 2024
 74     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Layout opinion - The Ninety

The living/dining is very small, a lot of wasted space in the hallway, w/d in the bedroom, and no natural lighting in the bedroom.

Is the 483 sqft unit more expensive because I like that a lot more.

http://www.theninety.ca/pdf/1bed_483.pdf

that unit 483 sq ft is facing interior the courtyard and has only 9 ft ceilings instead of 10' as the 518 sq ft unit. those units are sold out.

http://www.theninety.ca/pdf/1bed_518.pdf

What do you think of this layout? project is the Ninety at 90 Broadview, 10 ft ceilings

CONS:
  • lots of wasted space from VERY long hallway ~ 88 FT (22 ft x 4 ft) !;
  • 2 ft of main entry closet;
  • 4.5 ft of bedroom closet;
  • bedroom gets NO light whatsoever, not even indirect;
  • W/D in bedroom;
  • linear kitchen with minimal counter (4.5 ft) + base cabinet storage (2.4 ft) space;
  • LR/DR is really 10'8" x 10'4" when one takes traffic into consideration so you better have minimal furniture

PROS:
  • no building blocking your exposure if it really does face Queen (but i didn't think the project was right on the corner of Q/B;
  • unit is at the end of the hallway so not too much foot traffic in front of your door

Is that a hallway running between your unit and the neighbour? What is the purpose? What is beside the balcony?

Is that a hallway running between your unit and the neighbour? What is the purpose? What is beside the balcony?

I blew up the image to 600% and it appears to be a hallway to a stairwell? It might be considering there are no stairs on that particular wing. :confused:

Except for the 10 ft ceilings, there's not very many redeeming qualities in this layout. Hopefully the price is reflective of this? Any other options in the same price range in this building?

No, the cheapest unit available is one bed 644 sq ft for $286k. I got this unit 518sq ft for $210k, $400 psf. with a $5k appliances upgrade package plus another $2k for upgrades

Haha...very perceptive gregv. I didn't know what you guys were talking about at first but then I blew up the image myself. Looks like a firescape to me to....would be kinda cool if it was, kinda Soho New Yorkish if it was :cool:

No, the cheapest unit available is one bed 644 sq ft for $286k. I got this unit 518sq ft for $210k, $400 psf. with a $5k appliances upgrade package plus another $2k for upgrades

you're paying about $450 SF, if you discount the more than 50+sf that is completely wasted [i deducted the minimum allowance of 35 SF (3.5 ft x 10 ft) from the 88 SF originally calculated].

i think there are better choices out there for that price.
i hope you're within the 10-day recession period, as many others have pointed out, there doesn't seem to be much redeeming qualities about this unit.

At this pricepoint, it's unlikely they will allow floorplan changes. But if they did allow, then...
- Kitchen could run north/south in at end of hallway
- Replace kitchen full wall with 7-8 foot wall and shift it north 2 feet. The line of this wall would now end where the refridgerator ends now.
- Change dimensions of bedroom from 8x10'4 to 10x8'4.
- Shift hall closet/bedroom closet line two feet west. Move heating/ventilation unit next to the bedroom closet in the same line.

These changes would:
- Allow natural light into the bedroom
- move the kitchen out of the already small LR/DR space.

Do you know how many % they've sold? And when is construction expected to start.

Back