Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Monde
5 Lower Sherbourne Street, Toronto
Developer: Great Gulf Homes

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Monde (5 Lower Sherbourne in East Bayfront, Great Gulf, 46s, Safdie/Quadrangle)

Default Monde (5 Lower Sherbourne in East Bayfront, Great Gulf, 46s, Safdie/Quadrangle)

Waterfront Toronto is planning to sell a parcel of land to Great Gulf in the Parkside Area of the East Bay Front. Initial plans are for a 120-metre residential tower on a six-to-eight storey podium with retail-at-grade.
    UT Member Since February 2002

2. Default

Thanks for the excellent news - GG has a great track record and this definitely inspire confidence in the plans for the area.

AoD

3. Default

http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/dbdoc...f5cf44a20b.pdf

check out this pdf i found

it may give a glimpse into how the project may look like.

Interesting there were alot of top development firms in the running teamed up with top local architects.

4. Default

from twitter.com / urbanation:

Great Gulf to purchase 12 Bonnycastle St & 5 Lower Sherbourne St from WaterfronToronto for 120-metre residential tower in the East Bayfront.
    Miss you forever EE (1949-2011.10.14) and DaoDao (1998.03.28-2009.11.27)

5. Default

Quite a few big names on that pdf when they are talking about Bayside and Parkside development partners. Can't wait to see what they are planning on coming up with.

6. Default

thanks for locating the East Bayfront Implementation Plan X_Condo ~

These two images help to visualize and clarify the different portions of East Bayfront (Parkside, Bayside, Dockside):

Miss you forever EE (1949-2011.10.14) and DaoDao (1998.03.28-2009.11.27)

these renders are so beautiful, I almost wanna cry. If reality is even close to this... wow, what a huge improvement for that part of the city. I hope I live long enough ot see it.

Is the Building 120m + 6-8 podium or is it 120 m including the podium?. either way this is a great development for the waterfront.
    Go big or go home......

Amazing!
    This looks like it is actually going to happen.
    Along with its other projects in Toronto, it certainly appears that Great Gulf is positioning itself to be a big player in the future development of this city.
    This company has always had a great reputation. Good for them. Good for the City of Toronto.
    "Inside every older person is a younger person
    wondering what the hell happened."

i'm guessing the dates refer to the start of sales? or construction?

btw, does anyone know which brokerage they use for their sales?
    Last edited by luxome; 2009-Nov-05 at 21:03.

11. Default

So they're not demolishing that hideous factory and the large parking lot to the left of this site?

12. Default

The factory and the jobs stay.

i'm guessing the dates refer to the start of sales? or construction?
    completion although I wouldn't read too much into them
    got some ice to sell you

Quote Originally Posted by Cooool View Post
    So they're not demolishing that hideous factory and the large parking lot to the left of this site?
    Believe it or not, there's a school of thought that doesn't think it's hideous...

15. Default

Redpath was a finalist in the Massey Medals for architecture in 1961. It certainly has it moments. One wonders how viable it is in the long term.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast