Living Shangri-La Condos (Westbank, Peterson Group) - Real Estate -

Wow.. I love the private residence 2 signature... it's perfect.. You guys know if they are all sold?

according to the price list posted date October 2009 ... the Private Estates 02 (Signature 2 Storey suite) WAS still available, I don't expect units at that price tag get snached up too quickly ;)

Here's a scan of the pricelist:

shangrila_pricelist_oct2009_small.jpg

Solaris, my guess is that is a rooftop unit?

khristopher ... you are correct the last one is the (1 of 2) penthhouse units at the top with the wrap around terrace ~

As I 'last' understood it, notwithstanding any revisions, Shangri-la's floorplate was broken down as follows:
  • Hotel floors 1 to 18
  • 'Typical' Residences floors 19 to 49
  • Private Estates floors 50 to 63
  • Penthouse floors 64 and 65

Ya know, whenever I go out and spend a million bucks or so on a condo, I generally expect to have enough room to swing a cat by the tail - just a rule of thumb.

I guess those days are over.

ShangrilaJuly2011.jpg

Jeebus.... I understand paying a bit more for luxury... but really... a million bucks?

My place is about 100sqft smaller, about a 5 minute walk away, and costs 60% less

It probably does not have the same finishes as the Shangri-la unit nor access to the hotel amenities and restaurants, though I don't know if those are worth the extra 600K.

891 sq.ft. 1-bedroom unit for $1m and it doesn't even have a powder room. It comes with parking, 15 pieces of furniture, Poliform closets, Miele appliances and a marble walled bathroom with built-in TV mirror, so I'd guess it's not bad (compared to the other high-end hotel/condo developments).

In their downtown condo comparison list they list two W Hotel/Condo units. I didn't know there was even a W Hotel/Condo being offered in Toronto right now.
And which building is the "Yorkville Project"? The Four Seasons possibly?
I assume the Bay & Adelaide Street Condo/Hotel is Trump.
Don't know why they named Exhibit condos and W Hotel/condo, but not the other ones?

Last edited:
Condos are the reverse of automombiles....

They say that if you wanted to build a car from replacement parts it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars more than if you just bought the car new.... However, if you decided to upgrade your present unit and purchased a parking spot nearby, some furniture, Meile appliances, some marble for your bathroom, and a vanity mirror with an LCD TV built in, it would not cost an extra $600,000 to bring your $400K condo up to the same level of luxury. All you are paying for is the Building name/Location.

Condos are the reverse of automombiles....

They say that if you wanted to build a car from replacement parts it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars more than if you just bought the car new.... However, if you decided to upgrade your present unit and purchased a parking spot nearby, some furniture, Meile appliances, some marble for your bathroom, and a vanity mirror with an LCD TV built in, it would not cost an extra $600,000 to bring your $400K condo up to the same level of luxury. All you are paying for is the Building name/Location.

Traynor, are not Location, Location, Location the 3 most important rules of real estate?

pricey indeed!!!
IMO, Shangri-la and Trump have the best penthouse layouts in the city.... I wish Trump and Shangri-la's penthouses had a baby,

Traynor, are not Location, Location, Location the 3 most important rules of real estate?

That axiom has historically been correct when referring to one district over another but as this points out...

Jeebus.... I understand paying a bit more for luxury... but really... a million bucks?

My place is about 100sqft smaller, about a 5 minute walk away, and costs 60% less

...Toronto is in a whole new realm of what "Location" actually means.

actually, since we are talking prices, perhaps we should move this to the real estate section. In fact, the prices are not that high because these are the East facing properties (the smaller 1 bedrooms and the "2 bedroom" of 1114 sq.ft. which is a 1 bedroom den in reality despite a closet). The East facing properties are the least expensive and I am guessing about $200/sq.ft. less than the same thing essentially facing west or south.

Being on the 50th floor, I'd guess at least $100,000 of that is due to being high up ($2,000 premium per floor?)
Looks like a standrad floorplan with upsized dimensions for each room.

Back