News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.1K     2 

"TripTimes.ca Debuts in Toronto to Ease Daily Commutes"

Ed Drass

Member Bio
Reaction score
ed: contrast this with another fairly new offering, 'as seen on TV':
http://www1.beatthetraffic.com/traffic/map.aspx?regionid=68&viewname=Toronto
I think the speeds are estimated using gps or cell signals -- but are they accurate?

-have not seen any local print stories on these new services (could corporate media rivalries be preventing this?)

--
SOURCE: Intellione Technologies

Oct 15, 2009 15:00 ET

Simple Web Tool Helps Motorists Save Time and Money

TORONTO--(Marketwire - October 15, 2009) - Intellione, the premier provider of traffic information for consumers, businesses and governments, today announced the release of TripTimes.ca, a new Web portal delivering traffic-based trip times from point to point around the Golden Horseshoe.

A market first, TripTimes.ca instantly calculates routes using live traffic information on most every roadway -- not just freeways -- and displays both trip time and turn-by-turn directions. Visitors to the site see a traffic map with optional traffic cameras and simply enter a starting place or address and a destination. TripTimes.ca returns the optimal result within seconds.

Whether embarking on travel to cottage country, a daily commute to or from work or heading to Pearson Airport, drivers around the GTA are now empowered with accurate and reliable trip times and routes around congestion.

BlackBerry users are encouraged to download a free beta application for on-the-go trip times and traffic advice by clicking the ioVector button located in the lower left corner of TripTimes.ca.

TripTimes.ca is powered by ioTrafficâ„¢ -- a patented system that accurately measures speed on freeways and city streets, surpassing all currently available traffic detection systems.

Visit www.triptimes.ca for more information.

About Intellione

Intellione's patented system measures traffic on all roadways within 30 seconds and relays live, personalized traffic advice to commuters via mobile phone and the web or through partners. For mobile marketers, Intellione makes direct, in-route connections between advertisers and consumers with easy-to-create and highly effective location-based advertising. (www.intellione.com)

I guess its still early, but its completely off with Jarvis St. Its showing up as red, yet when I look out my window there is barely any cars out there.

How well does this site work from a Blackberry or Iphone? I would imagine that's when it would be most useful.

Yep -- at 06:30 it's showing red southbound on Jarvis by my house. Peering through the trees from my porch, I see car lights moving well in both directions.

How well does this site work from a Blackberry or Iphone? I would imagine that's when it would be most useful.
As of a couple of weeks ago, the built-in Google Maps application on iPhones displays similar colour-coded traffic data.

Back