Waterparkcity Condos (Lanterra Developments, Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

SP!RE

°°°°°°
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey,

My parents and I are looking at several buildings (we have our list fairly reduced now to a few buildings only) but are now considering WaterParkCity (resale; existing units) as an option?

Are there any concerns I should have or things to look for?

Does the developer / development have a reputation, good or bad?

All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-SP!RE

70 views and not one response? Not a word? Like, "it's a good idea!" or "not such a good idea!".

Oh boy.

I wil check back later :D

70 views and not one response? Not a word? Like, "it's a good idea!" or "not such a good idea!".

I live there and am relatively happy with the way it is cleaning up. The first year was rough but most of the renters and investors have left and resident owners take better care of things.

Maintenance fees are good and haven't shot up like many buildings after registration.

The area is going to be under constant construction for the next few years. The obvious 5 towers next door (WHC 1/2, Neptune 1/2, Quay West); LTD got hold status removed (Gardiner and Bathurst); Pedestrian bridge over the railway line; lots minor things at Exhibition place; and the Bathurst Bridge rebuild.

Of course, once all of that is done, the next round of condos will begin, a major overhaul of Strachan (see Georgetown corridor EA), and possibly Waterfront West LRT on Fort York Blvd.

Luckily, the Queens Quay rebuild is already done.

Frankly, I think in 10 years it will be a great place to live. At the moment I miss the little cement factory.

Noise can be an issue too. Indy, Caribanna, Fireworks, Exhibition, Air-shows, etc. Of course, you can also watch all of those from your balcony which is nice.

I live there and am relatively happy with the way it is cleaning up. The first year was rough but most of the renters and investors have left and resident owners take better care of things.

Maintenance fees are good and haven't shot up like many buildings after registration.

The area is going to be under constant construction for the next few years. The obvious 5 towers next door (WHC 1/2, Neptune 1/2, Quay West); LTD got hold status removed (Gardiner and Bathurst); Pedestrian bridge over the railway line; lots minor things at Exhibition place; and the Bathurst Bridge rebuild.

Of course, once all of that is done, the next round of condos will begin, a major overhaul of Strachan (see Georgetown corridor EA), and possibly Waterfront West LRT on Fort York Blvd.

Luckily, the Queens Quay rebuild is already done.

Frankly, I think in 10 years it will be a great place to live. At the moment I miss the little cement factory.

Noise can be an issue too. Indy, Caribanna, Fireworks, Exhibition, Air-shows, etc. Of course, you can also watch all of those from your balcony which is nice.

The developments look nice in that block.
How does Waterpark City stack up to the others in that area?
How was the finish in that building? How does it compare to LTD, Malibu, Tip Top Tailors and West Harbour City?

Jack

The developments look nice in that block.
How does Waterpark City stack up to the others in that area?
How was the finish in that building? How does it compare to LTD, Malibu, Tip Top Tailors and West Harbour City?

The lobbies and gym/pool are decent. Nothing special but I think they're well put together. Don't know about WHC or LTD because the lobbies there are not finished yet.

As for the unit? Standard finishes are cheaper (obviously -- units were priced closer to $150,000 than $250,000); but those are really easy to deal with.

You cannot change the location or layout but changing the colour of the countertop is pretty trivial.

rbt,
Thanks for your comments. My only concern would be these construction projects coming up in that area. It all brings dust and noice polution with it. But still one would have the waterfront to go to and relax.

Last edited:
rbt,
Thanks for your comments. My only concern would be these construction projects coming up in that area. It all brings dust and noice polution with it. But still one would have the waterfront to go to and relax.

The wind tends to blow from the West/South West. Anything North or East of WPC isn't an issue. The worst time for dust was the excavation for Liberty Towers/Bliss.

The wind tends to blow from the West/South West. Anything North or East of WPC isn't an issue. The worst time for dust was the excavation for Liberty Towers/Bliss.

what about downwind smells from the slaughterhouse?

what about downwind smells from the slaughterhouse?

That smell tends to stay at Front and Bathurst (specifically, where you stand to wait for the pedestrian crossing at the North West corner).

I don't typically smell it anywhere else.

How about the Neptune phase 1 and 2? Are they causing any issues for waterpark city? Besides pollution, i think they might block CN tower views. I know phase 1 is a big tower.

How about the Neptune phase 1 and 2? Are they causing any issues for waterpark city? Besides pollution, i think they might block CN tower views. I know phase 1 is a big tower.

I very carefully looked at the city master plans when purchasing my unit and have a protected south view (not as south as I would have liked, but good enough -- waves to the Porter plane).

Neptune2 will block East views for floors below 16. If you are above that, then you will have a clear view of downtown for a long time to come (East for Atlantis, North-East for WPC1).

South-East water views from Atlantis are not going to be as good as they were for many units but the tall blocker buildings are at a sufficient height that you can tell what portions of the view will be blocked.

I very carefully looked at the city master plans when purchasing my unit and have a protected south view (not as south as I would have liked, but good enough -- waves to the Porter plane).

Neptune2 will block East views for floors below 16. If you are above that, then you will have a clear view of downtown for a long time to come (East for Atlantis, North-East for WPC1).

South-East water views from Atlantis are not going to be as good as they were for many units but the tall blocker buildings are at a sufficient height that you can tell what portions of the view will be blocked.

All the condos in the area are nice, however, I feel Tip Top Tailors and West Harbour City are the nicest and most unique in the area. When I was looking to purchase, Tip Top Tailors was out of my price range and the rest were not. West Harbour City beat the others in the area hands down.
It is shaping up nicely now that it is almost completed. A much different look from the norm in TO, and the finishes inside are tops.

Jack

Last edited:

Do you know anything about the North or North East view? Does Gardner cause any issues?

Hey,

My parents and I are looking at several buildings (we have our list fairly reduced now to a few buildings only) but are now considering WaterParkCity (resale; existing units) as an option?

-SP!RE

This is important: do you have a car or plan to drive around on a regular basis?

As a downtowner relying primarily on public transportation, walking, and cycling, living at WaterparkCity is not ideal. Infrastructure in the area is completely lacking. There are no supermarkets close by. Few services, and the TTC service is abysmal. People say, "they are building the LRT" and "TTC service will improve" are repeating wishful thinking. My friend lived in the area for 20 years, and I've spoken to many area residents along the queens quay corridor and public transit is very slow to improve and so far hasn't despite the 10 fold increase in density along the union-exhibition line. The loblaws proposed at the corner of bathurst is also an old tale.

Build quality is good. As others have mentioned, fewer renters meant fewer problems. The demographic is more mature than Cityplace. Amenities are also quite nice.

Don't buy resale. Plenty of unsold, brand new units, and for less! Just go to the sales office. The people staffed at the sales centre are even amazed how few people check the office first, before looking at the resales. Buyers just assumed nothing was left and bought resale. Use Anthony Rapallo, and he'll give you 2% cashback too. Of course, if you find that right unit in resale, that's a different story, but check the sales office first. Last time I was there, they had a unit going for less than what the same unit on a lower floor, sold for just days before, and to add insult, the unit from the developer was upgraded. Who knows. Maybe it was an Oklahoma scam.

Any feedback on the appreciation in the area? WPC and Neptune?

I have heard that some areas do not have as much appeciation as others in downtown area.

Back