Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Finally, someone chose a real architect to do something on the waterfront...

02-lakeshorecondo.jpg

02-lakeshorecondo2.jpg

02-lakeshorecondo3.jpg

02-lakeshorecondo4.jpg

2175Lakeshore_siteplan.jpg

2183 Lake Shore Boulevard West is the last site located along the Etobicoke Humber Shores Development area. This area has been supporting high density growth for the Greater Toronto Area, attracting residents with skyline views, access to waterfront bike trails and parks, proximity to Lake Ontario, and minimal commute to downtown Toronto.

MJMA has proposed a site strategy which utilizes the features of this site while offering a progressive solution for high density residential development. Two slender 50 storey towers and three small 10 to 12 storey low rise buildings house 1000 residential units. Along Lake Shore Boulevard a 3 storey Amenity Building with a pool and fitness area will accommodate the recreation activities for residents and potentially members of the community. A large open park space, adjacent to the open green space which abuts the property line, brings the waterfront landscape into the site for the residents. Public pathways are provided through the site to connect to the open green space and the path system beyond. All of the building Lobbies and Entrances are located along the central spine of the site and are connected to walkways to the water, the Amenity Building and the streets beyond.

MJMA is working with Planning Partnership and Cobalt Engineering on sustainable initiatives including the incorporation of geothermal heating, reduction and reuse of storm water and the installation of green roofs for the Amenity and Low Rise Buildings.

Client Weston Consulting Group Inc.
Project Area 975,000 sq.ft.
Construction Costs 265M
Project Completion 2015-2020

Attachments

• 02-lakeshorecondo.jpg
    02-lakeshorecondo.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21,264
  • 02-lakeshorecondo2.jpg
    02-lakeshorecondo2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 20,235
  • 02-lakeshorecondo3.jpg
    02-lakeshorecondo3.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 20,207
  • 02-lakeshorecondo4.jpg
    02-lakeshorecondo4.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 19,798
  • 2175Lakeshore_siteplan.jpg
    2175Lakeshore_siteplan.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 19,408
Last edited:
Wow.

For a bunch of reasons.

Quite the other bookend for the area which starts with the similarly tall Palace Pier and Place buildings in the east.

I love the simplicity, edged nicely with the contemporary daring of staggered and overhanging sections. Looking forward to renderings, finding out who the developer is, and the requisite goofy name.

Last edited:
Let me add to the chorus of wows. These towers, as proposed, clearly blow the rest of the area’s development out of the water. I also like how the twin-tower proposal will nicely bookend the development area with Palace Pier to the east.

Having said that, I am discouraged by the site plan. The amenities building should not front lakeshore. Rather, Lakeshore should have people living directly on it to help with the avenuization of the area. However, I’m particularly unimpressed with the idea that all the lobbies and entrances will be located along the central spine of the site. This will close off the development and potentially prevent an organic, urban neighbourhood from forming (although that could be the point).

The site plan seems to close itself off from the surrounding streets although the proposed architecture is very nice.

This sounds like a GREAT project! I am a little surprised it's in this area though... :confused:

Looking forward to more info on this project :)

This sounds like a GREAT project! I am a little surprised it's in this area though... :confused:

Etobicoke is the future Pretzel.

Okay - wait - really - why the confusion? Because it's too good for the area? Too urban? Too sophisticated? Too tall?

It's really just a little more of each of those things than the buildings planned east of it, so I can see it as an evolutionary step, not a whole reversal or anything...

I think this proposal is great for the area. For many years the princess pier towers have been the gateway to Toronto from the Gardiner. These new towers have a chance to assume that role. But as I said before, I'm concerned about the site plan that seems to turn its back on the streets.

Don't get me wrong I42, I like the area and everything, but a project with this caliber was unexpected.

This is the last site of the motel strip, I expected something similar to the projects east of this.

Kinda wish this whole area was on the same par as this project.

I think this proposal is great for the area. For many years the princess pier towers have been the gateway to Toronto from the Gardiner. These new towers have a chance to assume that role. But as I said before, I'm concerned about the site plan that seems to turn its back on the streets.

I am having a hard time summoning up any concern for the road along the east side of this site: it's just a short connector running from Lake Shore to Marine Parade, and we know little at this point regarding how any of these buildings will be finished at ground level and whether there will be retail components other than up at the north east corner. We do know the area will feature a lot of glass though, so with many windows overlooking the road, it shouldn't seem like a desolate gulch.

I am assume TRCA by the lower right indicates that that chunk of land is being reserved as park? The walkable realm here should be fine.

Don't get me wrong I42, I like the area and everything, but a project with this caliber was unexpected.

This is the last site of the motel strip, I expected something similar to the projects east of this.

Kinda wish this whole area was on the same par as this project.

That would have been nice - I don't expect the others will all be terrible though.

Last edited:
This entire area is in major need of ground level retail. All the restaurants along the Humber Bay Shores do very well. Let's hope that this development will add some more.

Etobicoke is the future Pretzel.

Okay - wait - really - why the confusion? Because it's too good for the area? Too urban? Too sophisticated? Too tall?

Precisely - one doesn't expect any of those things when speaking of Etobicoke ;) This is a wonderful project though, and I dearly hope it gets built as proposed. The gradual trickle of this type of quality architecture and density from downtown into the inner suburbs is exactly what the city needs.

This entire area is in major need of ground level retail. All the restaurants along the Humber Bay Shores do very well. Let's hope that this development will add some more.

There is much empty space in the base of Explorer or whatever that purulent G+C carbuncle is called.

Hmmm... Sp!re meets the WTC twins. Why not?

The mid-rises continue the brand new Toronto planning tradition of designing children's building blocks precariously balanced "incorrectly" (the Ex hotel, entertainment district etc.).

Here's hoping this new wonky wave of massing disguised as architecture isn't characterized as derivative when the big one shakes lotusland in 2011... after which all the van junior skyscrapers will look very much like this ^... "shift baby, shift".

What an urbannightmare that will be.

Wow ... offset balconies and spandrel ... now that's architecture!

Back