News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

St Clair and Runnymede neighbourhood

general surfer

Member Bio
Reaction score
hi guyy, after 3 mths intense house hunt, we finally got our first house, its a deatched bungalow, located in st clair and runnymede, heard people saying is an up and coming area, but actually what is that really mean? oh also, anyone can refer a cheap but nice renovation company to me please, since i heard too many bad experiences all over, i know what you pay what you get, but my budget is really tight and try to see any luck here, thanks everyone and very much appreciated!:)

Welcome to the area! My partner actually rents a place near the intersection of Dundas & Runnymede. That's where I'm typing this posting right now:)

Regarding renovating, if you really have a tight budget, are you able to delay the job and save further funds?

Welcome to the area! My partner actually rents a place near the intersection of Dundas & Runnymede. That's where I'm typing this posting right now:)

Regarding renovating, if you really have a tight budget, are you able to delay the job and save further funds?

hihi, thanks for the reply, since i wont get my house til the end of this year, so just want to quote some info first, and tenants still live in there right now, so definitely need a fresh paint on main and basement all over and also the re-polish the hardwood floor and re-do the kitchen backsplash and floor, maybe just paint the kitchen cabinet door and the other door as well, not a major big renovation instead a cosmetic one!

so definitely need a fresh paint on main and basement all over and also the re-polish the hardwood floor and re-do the kitchen backsplash and floor, maybe just paint the kitchen cabinet door and the other door as well, not a major big renovation instead a cosmetic one!

All of those jobs, with the possible exception of the floors, are a DIY job!

i know lots of folks can DIY lots of things, but not me and my hubby, we are not handy at all, so just want to come here to get hep and suggestion:p
Homestars.com has ratings for contractors I guess... The Villager has ads...
TBH We find it very, very difficult to get local contractors to come out and quote on a much bigger jobs e.g. re-doing our kitchen which was a $20+K job. The local contractors just aren't interested in coming out to even quote on "little jobs". They are just too busy... I need someone to put a vent in on the roof for the bathroom vent but I can't find someone who can be bothered. When you call around they will tell you "that's a DIY job". Even if they arrange a date/time to come and quote on a job, 50% of the time they don't show.
Sorry to be the voice of doom - your neighbours might have contacts with a little guy in the immediate area... GL with your search.... Really, you might find it less frustrating to learn to paint than try to find someone to do it for you....

As long as you avoid fires at the pork processing plant, the neighbourhood is fine. Actually, the last fire may have put that place out of business, which would definitely improve the smell of the neighbourhood. Anyways, you've got Canadian Tire and a hockey arena at your doorstep, so what could be more Canadian than that?

As long as you avoid fires at the pork processing plant, the neighbourhood is fine. Actually, the last fire may have put that place out of business, which would definitely improve the smell of the neighbourhood. Anyways, you've got Canadian Tire and a hockey arena at your doorstep, so what could be more Canadian than that?

yeah, i know there was the old stock yard there, and now it has lots of new construction happening there, i guess we are very lucky to have this place with this low price, after a few years, i think the area will be upgrade and our property will go up, we even have the Walmart Supercenter there now, can you believe, also Starbucks, it cant go wrong.

St. Clair West from Runnymede to Symes is very grungy, owing to the industrial past of the area. It's probably one of the densest corridors in the city in terms of car related businesses, but there are also some stores and restaurants. Check out the Bairrada restaurant at Cobalt Avenue- the grilled chicken is excellent.

The thing is that whatever St. Clair is like, the side streets reveal quite decent neighbourhoods.

St. Clair West from Runnymede to Symes is very grungy, owing to the industrial past of the area. It's probably one of the densest corridors in the city in terms of car related businesses, but there are also some stores and restaurants. Check out the Bairrada restaurant at Cobalt Avenue- the grilled chicken is excellent.

The thing is that whatever St. Clair is like, the side streets reveal quite decent neighbourhoods.

my agent told me where my house is, a up and coming area, is on Norval Street, not sure about the history, but is a dead end street, quiet and no traffic, how to define an area is up and coming? base on what factors and issues will fall under that and who set this up and coming area quote! i really want to understand this better, thanks again!

It means the people moving into it have more money than the people moving out... I don't know how else to define it. Check out www.spotcrime.com if you want to see if your area suffers from crime and if yes, what kind. A cursory glance shows your area to be about average in crime. A couple of store robberies in the last two months, that's about it.

It means the people moving into it have more money than the people moving out... I don't know how else to define it. Check out www.spotcrime.com if you want to see if your area suffers from crime and if yes, what kind. A cursory glance shows your area to be about average in crime. A couple of store robberies in the last two months, that's about it.

ok, so is it bad or not bad, i have no idea, when i check it out the website you gave, it's awesome!!! thanks so much, when i look into out area, as you said , yes, two, but toronto 's crime is everywhere!

Back