Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge Commercial | 170.8m | 40s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I get the sentiment not to build commercial here now and I'm sure that will not happen - but I think it may be short cited to grant exceptions throughout the core - sure it'll be painful to have these projects unfinished with gaps for future commercial - but there's no going back really once it's residential.

While office space demand is bleak for the intermediate future, we've been here before in the 80s and 90s, and look what has happened since. Sure, less of the population commutes to brick and motor office buildings, but whatever the reason, the GTA population growth has always absorbed capacity and created demand. I feel with the number of large transit projects currently on the table, and slowly some serious discussions of inner yellow belt intensification, we'll see large tower proposals come back by the early 2030s followed by shovels in the ground a few years later. My hope is we will maintain enough prestigious sites in the downtown core such as this one, so some of these projects can be realized, and keep a strong business element in the city core, vital to the city's health.

Last edited:
Does anyone build larger hotels anymore? I guess if you include multiple brands in the same building.

Recently, I can only think of the Delta on Bremner. But I was thinking large as in established name brand hotels like Marriot or Hilton. I should have been more clear. Regardless, any hotel component would be only a part of the whole certainly.

These plans already include 300,000 square feet of hotel space which is a big hotel. There's 1.4 million square feet of office space. I don't know if they can sell some of the office space as office units . Transforming most if not all the office density to residential means some very tall towers. There's already a Sky Residences. Perhaps Stratosphere?

I didn't realize there was that much hotel GFA in the plans. Does that include any kind of convention space? Now I am curious how many square feet the Bremner Delta is.

Back