News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

The Expense Report for him and his staffer DO total over $16,000 and by all accounts they missed their flight because they slept in!

View attachment 561801
thats just not true, If you give him the benefit of the doubt when he says he arrived at the check in counter an hour before the flight when the check in is supposed to still be open. Then you have to assume he would have made the flight.

This is on the airline and them overbooking a flight.
This isnt pearson, you dont need to be at checkin 5 hours before the flight because of security

He says his travel agent agrees he was within the check in timeframe.

And again about the 16,000 read the reports yourself, theyre litterally submitting the same expenses.

thats just not true, If you give him the benefit of the doubt when he says he arrived at the check in counter an hour before the flight when the check in is supposed to still be open. Then you have to assume he would have made the flight.

This isnt pearson, you dont need to be at checkin 5 hours before the flight because of security

He drove 20 km., returned his rental car, and got to the check-in counter in 11 minutes? You don't need to be Judge Judy to know he's lying here.

And again about the 16,000 read the reports yourself, theyre litterally submitting the same expenses.
They are submitting the same expenses because there are TWO travellers - Mantas and his Chief of Staff. The limit for travel is $7000/person. Nobody is saying all of it was for Mantas. If it smells like gravy and looks like gravy it probably IS gravy!

He drove 20 km., returned his rental car, and got to the check-in counter in 11 minutes? You don't need to be Judge Judy to know he's lying here.
Neither the article nor the expense reports have him paying when he returns the car, he paid it all upfront on the 10th.
so him quickly parking it then hoofing it over to checkin in 10 minutes makes sense, you dont know the exact details and dont really need to.

Again whats with the conspiracies here? hes lying? the travel agent is lying? The Air Canada person is lying EVERYONES LYING
If you wanna spend $50,000 to get them all under oath fine by me, but dont complain about the $2000 he went over

They are submitting the same expenses because there are TWO travellers - Mantas and his Chief of Staff. The limit for travel is $7000/person. Nobody is saying all of it was for Mantas. If it smells like gravy and looks like gravy it probably IS gravy!
I never said there was no gravy, He didnt need to pay any of the car rentals, train rides would have been so much easier and saved so much time and money, he should have used reputable hotels to prevent the airbnb stuff. should have arrived at least 2 hours early.
I wouldnt call it gravy, more of lessons that need actual policies around which as far as ive read, city staff will be doing

Nobody is saying all of it was for Mantas
thats exactly what Ben is saying? his first paragragh says:

"Nick Mantas racked up more than $16,600 in bills over nine days when he and his chief of staff travelled to Turin for a green cities conference in March 2023, all at the public’s expense."

Either its poorly written or hes misinformed, either way its very misleading

Neither the article nor the expense reports have him paying when he returns the car, he paid it all upfront on the 10th.
so him quickly parking it then hoofing it over to checkin in 10 minutes makes sense, you dont know the exact details and dont really need to.

He was at a toll booth 20 km away, 11 minutes before he says he was at the check-in counter. He left way too late to make it to the airport in time and is lying to pretend he didn't. It's not a conspiracy!

I never said there was no gravy, He didnt need to pay any of the car rentals, train rides would have been so much easier and saved so much time and money, he should have used reputable hotels to prevent the airbnb stuff. should have arrived at least 2 hours early.
I wouldnt call it gravy, more of lessons that need actual policies around which as far as ive read, city staff will be doing

"Nick Mantas racked up more than $16,600 in bills over nine days when he and his chief of staff travelled to Turin for a green cities conference in March 2023, all at the public’s expense."

When you see the expenses for a politician, their staffers are included. That's not at all unusual. Methinks thou dost protest a lot ... Nick is that you? However you slice it, the optics aren't good.

I was not misled. This is 100% clear ""Nick Mantas racked up more than $16,600 in bills over nine days when he and his chief of staff travelled to Turin" The bills are being charged to the Councillor's Office, Mantis is the Councillor. Frankly, I would question why it required that two people go (or even one!). If the assistant was taken along to wake him up so he did not miss his flights she clearly failed. :->

Okay so some corrections, these reports weren't making sense, but now I understand them it did in fact hit 16k
Weirdly the original travel request was estimated at $7300 how was this allowed?
I read anything over $7k has to be approved right? So this was always going to go for overages anyway?

Here lets sum up the added expenses from the travel request estimate that supposedly hit 7300

+$1200 fights cost more 1 month after estimate instead of 1800pp its now 2400 pp
+$5000 for the next day flight
+$500 for 2 rooms 1 extra night
+$1500 for mismanaging the rental car - I actually think this guy got ripped off by the rental car company, he prepaid 300, why is that not discounted off the receipt

It is telling he never got a refund for the airline ticket almost a year later.

Heres the so called toll booth fare at supposedly 956:
Not saying im not trusting of Ben, but can anyone translate this thing. Im surprised he got something out of this image
That address at the top is the corporate hq of the toll company, I already checked. I cant find where or what this toll road is.
All the hyperbole is based out of this image.
1715031776927.png

When you see the expenses for a politician, their staffers are included. That's not at all unusual. Methinks thou dost protest a lot ... Nick is that you? However you slice it, the optics aren't good.
Again never said the optics were good, Its just not as bad as the headline leads you to believe
"he stayed extra days on taxpayers dime"
"he rented a beamer"
"he overslept and missed his flight"

all of which are true but not his fault.

And again with this "youre a paid shill"

Cmon man, I wish i was being paid by: Ontario Government, Therme, Metrolinx, and now this rando city councillor in scarborough. Sounds about right dont you think?

There is something that seems very indulgent and selective about the Italy trip.

I have no issues with councillors attending conferences or junkets. Next month, Mayor Chow and Councillor Fletcher are going to L.A. to promote Toronto's film industry. The film industry brings in billions to the city, and Fletcher represents a ward with a high concentration of film studios. This makes sense.

At the time of the trip, Mantas was appointed as the city's advocate for tech and innovation. Why did he need to attend this specific conference? Would he have attended if the expo were in, say, Milwaukee? Having travelled to Europe last year, I recognize the recent increase in travel costs, but $16,000, even including admission fees for the summit, seems steep.

Last edited:
Okay so some corrections, these reports weren't making sense, but now I understand them it did in fact hit 16k
Weirdly the original travel request was estimated at $7300 how was this allowed?
I read anything over $7k has to be approved right? So this was always going to go for overages anyway?

Here lets sum up the added expenses from the travel request estimate that supposedly hit 7300

+$1200 fights cost more 1 month after estimate instead of 1800pp its now 2400 pp
+$1500 for mismanaging the rental car - I actually think this guy got ripped off by the rental car company, he prepaid 300, why is that not discounted off the receipt

Not saying im not trusting of Ben, but can anyone translate this thing. Im surprised he got something out of this image
That address at the top is the corporate hq of the toll company, I already checked. I cant find where or what this toll road is.
View attachment 561946

Again never said the optics were good, Its just not as bad as the headline leads you to believe
"he rented a beamer"

Cmon man, I wish i was being paid by: Ontario Government, Therme, Metrolinx, and now this rando city councillor in scarborough. Sounds about right dont you think?
He stayed extra days on our dime is his fault. That was his choice and no reason to expense it. He rented a Beamer … if he paid extra, that’s his fault. If the car rental place upgraded at no extra charge, cool. He overslept? Totally his fault.

View attachment 561946

"he rented a beamer"

I think it's time for you to stop posting on this topic. As you failed to see that the $16K was for 2 (connected) travellers, your opinions are probably not worth hearing.

Back