News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

It wasn't clear to me where all those people were coming from. Detraining?

What's worse, dangerously crowding a platform, or safely crossing a 100% empty track?

I'm concerned that anyone would even notice the skin colour of those involved, let alone think it's okay to comment on it.

I've been to Union Station on busy summer weekends where a Jays game is on and have seen people of all backgrounds cross the tracks.
Of course people of all backgrounds cross the tracks. But this video in particular seemingly shows 99.9% brown people crossing the track. It’s all just a coincidence.

Of course people of all backgrounds cross the tracks. But this video in particular seemingly shows 99.9% brown people crossing the track. It’s all just a coincidence.
Visit the lawless wasteland of Brampton and see how much more anti social behavior there is vs somewhere like Oakville.

It's fixed now but when I was in Poland the only way to change platforms was to climb down onto the tracks

1714583738567.png

1714583752010.png

Visit the lawless wasteland of Brampton and see how much more anti social behavior there is vs somewhere like Oakville.

It's fixed now but when I was in Poland the only way to change platforms was to climb down onto the tracks

View attachment 560449
View attachment 560450
I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic describing Brampton as a “lawless wasteland.” If so maybe throw in an emoji. If not I won’t tell the mods how to do their job.

In situations like this I've always thought that there should be a 1 meter high (or so) chain link fence between tracks to discourage people from just hopping across, especially where there aren't 48 inch high platform edges. The center-running on-street sections of Waterloo Region's ION, and the Finch, Hurontario, and Eglington LRTs should have this as well. Unfortunately for (the current) Union Station you have single tracks surrounded by platform on either side, so there's not even the opportunity to do it there if you wanted to.

In situations like this I've always thought that there should be a 1 meter high (or so) chain link fence between tracks to discourage people from just hopping across, especially where there aren't 48 inch high platform edges. The center-running on-street sections of Waterloo Region's ION, and the Finch, Hurontario, and Eglington LRTs should have this as well. Unfortunately for (the current) Union Station you have single tracks surrounded by platform on either side, so there's not even the opportunity to do it there if you wanted to.
These do exist at Bloor GO. Noticed it on Saturday.

Part of the issue (imo) is low platforms are just too easy to walk across, and the ease of moving from one platform to the next properly is nonexistent- it’s quite slow and painful really. I’m not sure why you’d need to do this in the first place, but I’ve never alighted and had an uncrowded walk down to the concourse.

At the time that unless you were going to walk on a dirt road that was the only way to cross sides.

I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic describing Brampton as a “lawless wasteland.” If so maybe throw in an emoji. If not I won’t tell the mods how to do their job.
Hey man, just curious. What was offensive about that?

I have always heard around the joke that Brampton feels a bit lawless to some degree (although I acknowledge that is an exaggeration).

Have you tried driving there? It can be intense.

Last edited:
Hey man, just curious. What was offensive about that?

I have always heard around the joke that Brampton feels a bit lawless to some degree (although I acknowledge that is an exaggeration).

Have you tried driving there? It can be intense.
Well. I think the post is offensive partially because it immediately followed a discussion about whether a video showing mostly non white people crossing the tracks at union station was racist or not. It can be implied that if Brampton is a lawless wasteland then the poster is trying to presume that Oakville is a model of order and Btw the demographics of Brampton is typically non white while the demographic of Oakville is definitely white. So essentially the white person follows the rules while the non white is lawless.

Well. I think the post is offensive partially because it immediately followed a discussion about whether a video showing mostly non white people crossing the tracks at union station was racist or not. It can be implied that if Brampton is a lawless wasteland then the poster is trying to presume that Oakville is a model of order and Btw the demographics of Brampton is typically non white while the demographic of Oakville is definitely white. So essentially the white person follows the rules while the non white is lawless.
ah gotcha. I see your perspective :)

Boy I sure hope I wasn't giving new riders wrong info for Bloor Station today. You need a score car to figure out what tracks trains were on especially the north end where there are no screens. Even the screens were no help as they were slow in displaying everything except the schedule that seem to be missing.

You have both UPX and GO using all 3 tracks for both directions with both either following the other or going in the opposite directions after the one of them clear a block and did a switching of tracks..

The first set of GO trains pass each other at Dupont while I was shooting. The 2nd pass each other at Bloor with South using 1 and North using 2. The 3rd set saw north use 3 and it was 5 minutes later that the South arrived on 1. The south was following an UPX on 1.

I told the person to check the screen and the Brampton train could be on 2 or 3

UPX normally use 3 for south an 2 for north, but not today as they were using all 3 tracks.

With GO going to 30 minutes now is having an operation issue for both GO and UPX until the true track 1 is built.

Saw 4 E-bikes get off a southbound GO train from different coaches and were all together in the end.

Back