News   May 07, 2024
 213     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 624     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.3K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: No service between St George and Woodbine due to police activity.

What the @$##

Shut down 1/2 of Line 2 for 'police activity'???

Found the reason

That person has been removed from track level, but the service is still shut down. I am very perplexed, we don't need to CSI the track level, look at the cameras, talk to witnesses.

I'll grant I lack complete info here, but would not the be the first time this week we've had something similar (over-reaction closure)

As a side note, this illustrates the challenge of far too few crossovers on Line 2.

There needs to be one downtown east of St. George.

The one they have at Chester should work, but I gather the centre track is out of service (helpful).

They need one at Main, somehow, because there are so many bus routes running out of Main and a streetcar, The oversight in not building one w/the station was enormous.

They also need another in the west end somewhere.

Last edited:
As I said, he seems to have injured himself resulting in the SIU coming in.

And?

He's not on the track level.

The question of whether anyone did anything wrong will not be answered by anything at track level.

Run the train; by pass Sherbourne if necessary.

And?

The question of whether anyone did anything wrong will not be answered by anything at track level.

Run the train; by pass Sherbourne if necessary.

Here's the thing.

If the SIU have any reason to suspect his injury may have occurred in the station they cannot run trains.

They need to protect any evidence and the best way to do that is to curtail service. Having trains run through could damage evidence and it inhibits their ability to investigate.

They need to protect any evidence and the best way to do that is to curtail service. Having trains run through could damage evidence and it inhibits their ability to investigate.
I would hope there was an expedited review of film and witness statements. Perhaps this was actually done and they have reason to conduct further investigation on track level now.

The main thing to emphasize here:
this illustrates the challenge of far too few crossovers on Line 2.

I would hope there was an expedited review of film and witness statements. Perhaps this was actually done and they have reason to conduct further investigation on track level now.

The main thing to emphasize here:

Lets add; this could not have happened with Platform Edge Doors in place.

Something I've been lobbying for, for two decades.

Finally, we're putting them into one station on Line 1 (Bloor) and they will be part of the Ontario Line Design (yay!) ; but we could have finished most of the system by now had we started when we ought to have. (yes, with ATC signalling as well)

Last edited:
Lets add; this could not have happened with Platform Edge Doors in place.

Something I've been lobbying for, for two decades.

Finally, we're putting them into one station one Line 1 (Bloor) and they will be part of the Ontario Line Design (yay!) ; but we could have finished most of the system by now had we started when we ought to have. (yes, with ATC signalling as well)
Not a good use of money

And?

I presume they went into the tunnel believed to have something, like a weapon, and did not have it when they arrested them.

St. George to Woodbine was a very long stretch to close for this.

Last edited:
Line 2 service has resumed.

But don't go to ttc.ca expecting to find out, the site is down.

Also, security incident at Bathurst has trains bypassing.
Ah so it's one of those days in the TTC where there's incidents every hour on the hour huh? Was there some kind of mass release from the Toronto South Detention Centre in the past few days or something, my goodness.

As a side note, this illustrates the challenge of far too few crossovers on Line 2.
It's going to be fun seeing how big chunks of the Ontario Line will have to be shut down when incidents occur, because that line will have very few crossover locations.

Ah so it's one of those days in the TTC where there's incidents every hour on the hour huh? Was there some kind of mass release from the Toronto South Detention in the past few days or something, my goodness.

It's going to be fun seeing how big chunks of the Ontario Line will have to be shut down when incidents occur, because that line will have very few crossover locations.

How many crossovers will the O/L have?

At least it will have Platform Edge Doors.....

What the @$##

Shut down 1/2 of Line 2 for 'police activity'???

Found the reason

That person has been removed from track level, but the service is still shut down. I am very perplexed, we don't need to CSI the track level, look at the cameras, talk to witnesses.

I'll grant I lack complete info here, but would not the be the first time this week we've had something similar (over-reaction closure)

There needs to be one downtown east of St. George.

The one they have at Chester should work, but I gather they centre track is out of service (helpful).

They need one at Main, somehow, because there are so many bus routes running out of Main and a streetcar, The oversight in not building one w/the station was enormous.

They also need another in the west end somewhere.
Yes, there really should be at least one more crossover to allow service to reach Yonge in a disruption.

I remember reading somewhere (it may have been an old usenet post) that the TTC was considering installing a crossover at Bay Lower for exactly this reason. I also wonder what it would take to cut out the tunnel wall east of Sherbourne for a crossover.

Yes, there really should be at least one more crossover to allow service to reach Yonge in a disruption.

I remember reading somewhere (it may have been an old usenet post) that the TTC was considering installing a crossover at Bay Lower for exactly this reason. I also wonder what it would take to cut out the tunnel wall east of Sherbourne for a crossover.

@smallspy might be able to offer some thoughts.

Its something I've asked about (at a high level). The curves around Sherbourne are an issue, I gather.

In other spots it may 'just' be a matter of dollars.

Back