Hamilton McMaster Graduate Student Residence | 97.9m | 30s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

1000006125.jpg

I know that this is a tall building, but does it look a bit stumpy to anyone? Especially from an angle like in the above pic...

Haven't heard of a phase 2.

It's a damn nice student residence and a major upgrade from the original proposal.

Phase 2 was a basic massing only used to show for the purposes of a minor variance that phase 1 did not make a tower impractical on the phase 2 site.

It is in no way an actual building design.

I have heard that phase 2 is churning in the background and the many grants for student housing are moving it along.

So for people in Hamilton, what is the deal with Mohawk College and not having a downtown presence?

I have heard that phase 2 is churning in the background and the many grants for student housing are moving it along.

So for people in Hamilton, what is the deal with Mohawk College and not having a downtown presence?
Mohawk just purchased the Columbia college residence to use as their residence.

If you're asking about education, I don't see why they would build a satellite campus downtown. McMaster barely has any education uses downtown as it is, and Mohawk already has the Stoney Creek Campus, a satellite portion on McMaster's main campus and Mohawk has plenty of space at the Fennel Campus for expansion.

Not to say I wouldn't like to see more education, jobs, students and institutions downtown, but I just don't see them doing it for a long time if ever.

They have a branch in stoney creek, and they DID have one in brantford, although I dunno if they still do. To be fair mohawk is just up the mountain from downtown - it's not that far away.

Back