News   Apr 23, 2024
 391     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 366     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 609     0 

Downtown Markham

It really seems like Remington is taking their time to build up the community. Why wait to put shovels in the ground, when they're selling half a building of units in a day?
I just don't see all of Remington's land being developed by around 2030 like they estimated.

It really seems like Remington is taking their time to build up the community. Why wait to put shovels in the ground, when they're selling half a building of units in a day?
I just don't see all of Remington's land being developed by around 2030 like they estimated.

juicing the market as much as they can :) they have some prime real estate in the middle of Markham. If prices keep going the way they are going, I'm sure they'll delay even longer to build, they'll just build elsewhere for the time being. Looks like Remington Homes is active in Oakville, Georgetown, Thornhill, Brampton... and condo building in Toronto & Markham.

Oh lets not forget Remington Centre, another huge project which will take forever lol

Last edited:
Aviva is closing their Scarborough offices over the next month. Beginning next week, Aviva employees will be operating in their downtown Markham location.

They've constructed the model of Gallery Square! Really love the stairs and seating area they're adding to the entrance of the mall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea what the heritage house beside the park is being restored to be?

It's been restored quite nicely. However it's been under renovations for years! Wonder if it will serve any purpose once it's done.

Does anyone have any idea what the heritage house beside the park is being restored to be?

It's been restored quite nicely. However it's been under renovations for years! Wonder if it will serve any purpose once it's done.

I asked about the house before at Remington. They said it houses the Markham District Energy equipment that heats/cool the development. Wish it was used for something retail like an ice cream parlour or coffee shop.

This is just outside of Downtown Markham, on Highway 7 where are road construction is almost complete:
Nice Umbrella.JPG

I just find the umbrella on the machine funny :cool:

Attachments

• Nice Umbrella.JPG
    Nice Umbrella.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 580
Construction work on the restaurant next to the carousel (Terre Rouge) is scheduled to be completed in the next few weeks. I'm not clear on when the opening will be, but they've apparently hired some staff already. It sounds like it will be a bit different from their PEI location, but for what it's worth here's their IG account. Looks pretty good. It sounds like the main dining area (upstairs) is going to be more upscale than the other places in the area.

Looks like construction has started on Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Cafe Demetre and some kind of watch or jewelry store on the street levels facing enterprise opposite to the theatre! I'm excited to see some more food/dessert options start to open up in the area.

Looks like construction has started on Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Cafe Demetre and some kind of watch or jewelry store on the street levels facing enterprise opposite to the theatre! I'm excited to see some more food/dessert options start to open up in the area.

IMO, what Downtown Markham really needs is an Apple Store and a (urban-style) Loblaws (similar to the one at Maple Leaf Gardens or Yonge/Eglinton).

IMO, what Downtown Markham really needs is an Apple Store and a (urban-style) Loblaws (similar to the one at Maple Leaf Gardens or Yonge/Eglinton).
I don’t think it would make sense for Apple to have a store (or “Town Square”) only 4 km away from another one (Markville). However, it would make Downtown Markham a cool place as it has a lot of room for a outdoor “square”.

Back