News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Fantasy Renderings

^Laughter is better than apathy, which is how I've been feeling the past few months. Trying to get back into my creative outlet--if I'm not creating I'm not a happy nimby.

1)Utterly bored by the glass window wall/balcony tower aesthetic
6Zx8xyU.png

2)Simple facade idea I started several months ago--who knows if I'll finish it
bd3KN6T.png

Su2hGIT.png

3)Staring at a stack of coins gave me a boring balcony tower massing idea
IUDTVEn.png

Yikes I've just spent 4 months in prison unable to think/design/create due to lack of energy/time/passion. Utter hell.

Anyway, I recently opened SketchUp for the first time in months--kinda missed ya.

TeeqTtP.jpg

Not really inspired yet though

KdZIl9w.jpg

But, I'm happy to see certain BIGshot architects inspired to create even better-looking spires than I envisioned for Yonge & College 4 years ago....:)

Not sure if this is the right thread for average poster's fantasy renderings, or if it's solely about buildings. Anyway, with Finch West's unveiling in the news yesterday, and comments from the public about the conventional and somewhat timid single colour throughout the station, I wanted to see something a little different. I used a .skp file of Rosedale station created by artist Wyliepoon but made modifications as if it were a deep-level 'open concept' station.

Couldn't figure out how to bring light into the model or make the light fixtures glow, so it looks more drab than I was anticipating. Structure is supposed to look similar to Montreal or Washington DC stations (but a bit more Victorian industrial), wall tiles are a vague attempt at something European/De Stijl, and the orange floor is a copy of Montreal. For fun:

TTC-Subway-station-fantasy-1.jpg

Attachments

• TTC-Subway-station-fantasy-1.jpg
    TTC-Subway-station-fantasy-1.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 777
Hello here's what I've been sketching the past 6 week's or so:
1) Somewhere on Bay Street inspired by the 1960's Concrete Toronto facades
Nj4E7P0.png

Secd4LP.png

4fyed3T.png

ECeBXjP.png

2) Checkerboard facade inspired by Carl Dair's Design With type - insert somewhere in the Condo District
FnIDPQS.png

hpW4Mio.png

3) Lake Ontario-inspired wave motif for the South Etobicoke skyline
ipBEJF3.png

EwlU21U.png

4) ppl on twitter wonder what to nickname M City tower 1. My suggestion: the skirt or the blouse, inspired by Marilyn Monroe's famous photo. Especially apparent in the worm's eye viewpoint rendering.
zDFI1qJ.png

SXlySBB.png

pi17jdt.png

5) will Kirkor Architects please knock off
N1CwE3v.png

dhA6nhe.png

thank you
6) needs more grey eh
AEr8WF3.png

7) oy grey ole toronto
0PFA6au.png

8) inspired by a shelving unit ha!
qO3IIzh.png

nimbytect remixes the aA aesthetic with frivilous decoration the horror!
W1Babni.png

9) the stripes is me wondering what Peter and Richmond would really look like if aA & Carlyle ever build it
UpqYkfG.png

10) Could Robarts Library inspire an architect? No but maybe a nimbytect ... stay tuned :)

Bay Dundas Centre is my vision for the Toronto Coach Terminal lands. Tower 1 window dressing is a simple precast and glass grid 8000 sq ft floorplate tower 50 storeys high ... balconies on the way.
KFHZ7Lb.png

pxBsQc7.png

Its podium is the restored historic main building with the tower occupying the bus bays.

Tower 4 is very tall--Canada's tallest proposed skyscraper
fHWNO4R.png

3yvouLQ.png

AGwVU7O.png

Y3vqlFW.png

Bay Dundas Centre is another nimbytect neighbourhood
I0CIXXC.png

tower 5 is next

nimbytect is willing to sell the Ontario Gov't 4 balcony towers for the price of 1 affordable 1 bedroom apartment unit on the 4th floor at 26 Grenville
TadWAhn.png

What happens when 215 Lake Shore Blvd East gets a super-dense four tower proposal inspired by Lake Ontario?
KxA1sZN.png

QydziqE.png

JXTqwGM.png

lkfSx5m.png

What happens when I realize the Waterfront Innovation Centre is conveniently across the street from 215 Lake Shore East? And deserves more than just another glass box? Hmm ....

I dunno about you but the first thing that pops into my mind when I think Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre is
BOaQjKl.png

Yes, shipping containers!
QGS5DP6.png

Let's stack 'em high, punch some windows and doors into them, have some cool indie cafes etc at grade level and bring some colour to Toronto's waterfront!

Back