News   Apr 25, 2024
 228     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

The Halal Guys is opening soon at Yonge and Wellesley; didn't even know there were famous, thought they were local =p

Last edited:
I just noticed (on UberEats) that Evolution Food is now Garden Gangsters. What kind of name is THAT??!!!! If they're trying to compete with Freshii, iQ Food et al, then that name is NOT the way to go.

Apparently it will be changing to one of CARAs newest formats, "Somthing's" Landing. Similar the the newest Braxton's Landing at the Oshawa Centre

Or Carters Landing at the infamous Tuggs Boardwalk Cafe.

Do the names have anything remotely to do with the neighbourhoods in which each restaurant in the chain is located?

As part of the Honest Ed's redevelopment plans, Caribbean Roti Palace on the Bathurst side closed yesterday after over 45 years in that location.

Does anyone know who's taking over the old DT Bistro on Harbord (154 Harbord)? I drove by and saw a "coming soon" sign, but didn't catch who it was.

I recently received an email that Trattoria Bacio on Cumberland is shuttering. They will continue to offer a catering service.

Not loving the trend I am noticing in slightly smaller "pint" glasses of beer in bars around the city. Canadian Pint is 20 oz. A lot bars are serving beer in 16 oz and even 14 oz glasses!

Time to enforce Fairness at the Pumps Act.

We demand a full pint, as promised: Editorial https://www.thestar.com/opinion/edi...demand_a_full_pint_as_promised_editorial.html

With Toronto pubs and bars failing to deliver full pints of beer, we welcome the Fairness at the Pumps Act put forward by Measurement Canada.

A dedicated Star investigator recently ordered pints of beer at 15 local watering holes and received a full 20 ounces at only three (three!).

Any establishment advertising a pint is obligated to deliver precisely that. Violations can result in fines of up to $2,000. For the record , according to Measurement Canada, a pint of draught beer contains 20 fluid ounces, with a half-ounce margin of allowable error, not including foam or “head.”

That’s pretty straightforward. Short-pouring bartenders take note: failing to supply a proper pint isn’t just an insult to those savouring a cold brew, it’s against the law. Beyond that, bear in mind the time of year. Filmgoers know the McKenzie brothers managed to save Oktoberfest once; these new federal rules might just be enough to save it again.

Back