News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 690     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 943     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

And different jurisdictions uses different terminologies as well. The greatest majority of long-term care facilities are private (not for profit and for profit chains). For our purposes, it's about if/how they are funded by the government to do what.

AoD

Retirement homes are more a component of our health care system than you might realize. My grandmother resided in a retirement home, not a nursing home, until she was 103, with external home care and a PSW hired by our family providing the assistance which she required, alongside the staff at the home. That is no longer unusual. Most companies in the field are building and buying "campuses" - where the retirement and nursing facilities are built on the same site, allowing for continuity of care as one's needs change over time. Like many thing, the old dividing lines are disappearing.

Retirement homes are more a component of our health care system than you might realize. My grandmother resided in a retirement home, not a nursing home, until she was 103, with external home care and a PSW hired by our family providing the assistance which she required, alongside the staff at the home. That is no longer unusual. Most companies in the field are building and buying "campuses" - where the retirement and nursing facilities are built on the same site, allowing for continuity of care as one's needs change over time. Like many thing, the old dividing lines are disappearing.
your right about integrated complexes being the norm.....we are moving to an "age in place" model where developments will have seniors condos, independant living retirement, assisted living and nursing/complex care components all in place.

I will slightly disagree (if I understand you correctly) that in your grandmother's case the retirement home was part of our health care system....the psw and external home care providers were for sure but the retirement home was simply the building she lived in while those health care components were delivered to her. My father just moved into a nursing home....prior to that he lived at home with my mother and had daily (sometimes twice daily) visits from health care providers and PSWs....but my parents home was not a component of the health care system...it was just a building to which those services were delivered.

Sorry, I don't understand.......are you suggesting that to be a true populist/feminist that you can't approve corporate takeovers?

What I'm saying is that while Trudeau purports to be the new start from Harper, a lot of the Liberal's actions are fairly conservative and corporate in nature- it's really the swanky "It's current year!" refugee/feminist stuff that acts the mask for the larger policy decisions being made (signing CETA, US crossing guards, approving new pipelines, dropping electoral reform).

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/daniel-tencer/justin-trudeau-ceta-trumpism_b_14914408.html

And look here, my answer on what Trudeau will do regarding migrants just got answered:

What will we see from his administration in regards to the increasing number of migrants seeking another shot at asylum in Canada? Will we see no action until spring when the migrants start pouring in?

Canada PM: will not halt illegal border crossing despite opposition
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immgration-canada-border-idUSKBN1602NG

Hope we'll be ready for spring.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/225523

Earlier this week, the CIJnews website exposed excerpts from the supplications (originally in Arabic) which recited by Aymen Elkasrawy and Shaykh Abdool Hamid at the Masjid Toronto mosque in 2016.

“O Allah! We ask you… [to give us] victory over the enemies…O Allah! Count their number; slay them one by one and spare not one of them…O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews! O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews!” the supplication said, among other things.

As far as I can tell, Elkasrawy maintains his position as a TA at Ryerson and Hamid at the Islamic Institute of Toronto.

Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.

http://islamicinstitute.ca/instructor-bio.aspx?i=11

your right about integrated complexes being the norm.....we are moving to an "age in place" model where developments will have seniors condos, independant living retirement, assisted living and nursing/complex care components all in place.

I will slightly disagree (if I understand you correctly) that in your grandmother's case the retirement home was part of our health care system....the psw and external home care providers were for sure but the retirement home was simply the building she lived in while those health care components were delivered to her. My father just moved into a nursing home....prior to that he lived at home with my mother and had daily (sometimes twice daily) visits from health care providers and PSWs....but my parents home was not a component of the health care system...it was just a building to which those services were delivered.

Well, except that those services to my grandmother, and many others in her building, complemented services provided by the home (staff nurses, doctor's visits, physiotherapy, nutritionist, etc.) and were coordinated through the home. No distinct line between the two, the retirement home was a key player in her health care delivery, and that's how things are increasingly moving.

We're a world leader in money laundering, immigration fraud, and tax evasion. :D

If you're a rich Chinese looking to hide your ill-gotten assets from the government, Canada is the spot to go.

We're a world leader in money laundering, immigration fraud, and tax evasion. :D
If you're a rich Chinese looking to hide your ill-gotten assets from the government, Canada is the spot to go.

Never mind how the Swiss and the Virgin Islands, Bahamas, etc. does it for our locals eh?

AoD

Last edited:
Canada must be doing something right...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-millionaires-1.3996247

Canada attracted an estimated 8,000 millionaires last year, trailing only Australia and the United States on the list of top destinations, according to a recent report from New World Wealth.

Australia drew 11,000 millionaires, while the U.S. received 10,000, the report says.

New World Wealth said the inflows into Canada were boosted by large-scale migration from China into Vancouver, and from Europe into Toronto and Montreal.
Australia receiving more than us despite being a smaller country, is fairly interesting.

Is it purely China? That would be my immediate logical conclusion, but if someone has some other kind of insight it would be welcoming.

I would imagine China + European countries + South Africa (fleeing ANC policies).

Australia has a much warmer climate than Canada- which might attract some millionaires looking for a perfect house in a perfect climate or something like that.

Australia is also somewhat comparable in size, similar GDPs, unemployment rates, similar currency valuations, 36 vs 24 million in population, etc.

At that point it's really just splitting hairs over whether you want snow or not.

Back