News   Apr 25, 2024
 146     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 327     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 526     0 

Blue Jays

Why is Shapiro acting like it is absolutely necessary for Sanchez to return to the bullpen? He's been one of the best starters in the majors this year. Why wouldn't he remain a starter? Why fix something that isn't broken?

And the Jays striking out 61 times in 4 games is pathetic. That's roughly 15 strikeouts a game; or half the batters in an entire game striking out. If you take away the home runs, they Jays really aren't a good offensive team. As a team, they hit for a lousy batting average and we all know how useless they were in the playoffs against the Royals. If they make it to the playoffs again this year, they'll need to find a way to score runs in other ways besides home runs.

Last edited:
Aaron Sanchez is staying in the rotation for now.

I see Sanchez being the next Roy Halladay, as long as Sanchez's arm doesn't get tired.

Halladay was a borderline Hall of Famer so that is setting the bar way too high for Sanchez.

Why is Shapiro acting like it is absolutely necessary for Sanchez to return to the bullpen? He's been one of the best starters in the majors this year. Why wouldn't he remain a starter? Why fix something that isn't broken?

Aaron Sanchez is by far the most valuable asset the Blue Jays have in the entire organisation. He won't be eligible for arbitration until 2018. He won't be a free agent until 2021.

Simply they are trying not to blow out his arm since it would so devastating for the entire organization.

And the Jays striking out 61 times in 4 games is pathetic. That's roughly 15 strikeouts a game; or half the batters in an entire game striking out. If you take away the home runs, they Jays really aren't a good offensive team. As a team, they hit for a lousy batting average and we all know how useless they were in the playoffs against the Royals. If they make it to the playoffs again this year, they'll need to find a way to score runs in other ways besides home runs.

The 2015 and 2016 Blue Jays are completely different teams so I don't see the point of comparison.

The 2015 Blue Jays were a historically great offensive team with bad team defense and mediocre pitching.

The 2016 Blue Jays are a good offensive team with very good team defense and very good pitching.

Strike outs are up league wide. The teams with the highest K% have all come from the past 6 seasons. It is because the strike zone nowadays is much bigger then it was even 10 years ago. Umpires now will call the low strike which they didn't before which has caused a pretty big increase in strike outs and a decrease in offense.

Why would he blow his arm out? Couldn't the same be said for Stroman or Happ? If the intention is to keep him (Sanchez) around, long term, as a starting pitcher, isn't he going to have to pitch a full season in that role at some point? Why not this year? If the Jays make the playoffs, wouldn't it be wise to have him in the starting rotation?

Why would he blow his arm out? Couldn't the same be said for Stroman or Happ? If the intention is to keep him (Sanchez) around, long term, as a starting pitcher, isn't he going to have to pitch a full season in that role at some point? Why not this year? If the Jays make the playoffs, wouldn't it be wise to have him in the starting rotation?

Blue Jays drafted Sanchez out of high school in 2010 since then he has pitched:

25 innings in 2010
54.1 innings in 2011
90.1 innings in 2012
86.1 innings in 2013
133.1 innings in 2014
100 innings in 2015

So far this year he has pitched 139.1 innings and it is only August. To pitch a full season you are looking at 230 + innings plus whatever he pitches in the playoffs. That is a pretty unprecedented jump up in innings.

The mistake was made last year when the Blue Jays wasted a year of control pitching Sanchez in the bullpen instead of letting him start the full year in AAA. But at the time they never knew he would be this good so you know hindsight and all that.

25 innings in 2010
54.1 innings in 2011
90.1 innings in 2012
86.1 innings in 2013
133.1 innings in 2014
100 innings in 2015

So far this year he has pitched 139.1 innings and it is only August. To pitch a full season you are looking at 230 + innings plus whatever he pitches in the playoffs. That is a pretty unprecedented jump up in innings.

The mistake was made last year when the Blue Jays wasted a year of control pitching Sanchez in the bullpen instead of letting him start the full year in AAA. But at the time they never knew he would be this good so you know hindsight and all that.

He was also injured in 2015 and missed almost 2 months. Kind of hard to let him start the full year in AAA.

25 innings in 2010
54.1 innings in 2011
90.1 innings in 2012
86.1 innings in 2013
133.1 innings in 2014
100 innings in 2015

Speaking of Bautista, He's back on the 15 -day DL due to a sprained left knee.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/jose-bautista-blue-jays-mri/

The Jays were down 6-0 after a rain delay. Now they are winning 12-6!
Looks like Josh Donaldson's rain dance in the Bronx was successful. In fact, it was so successful that the other four boroughs were affected, along with the rest of Long Island, other parts of the lower Hudson, as well as northeastern New Jersey. There is a good reason why Josh Donaldson the Viking is nicknamed "Bringer of Rain."

Well tonight was another disaster in Cleveland for me (reference to last year's 6-1 lead disappearing into a 10-7 loss back in May). I cannot catch a break watching the Blue Jays or Leafs anywhere outside their home if I decide to travel to opposing stadiums. They need to start hitting and stop striking out 13 times per game! (And yes, not having a AAA lineup would help).

Well tonight was another disaster in Cleveland for me (reference to last year's 6-1 lead disappearing into a 10-7 loss back in May). I cannot catch a break watching the Blue Jays or Leafs anywhere outside their home if I decide to travel to opposing stadiums. They need to start hitting and stop striking out 13 times per game! (And yes, not having a AAA lineup would help).
Osuna coughed up a home run in the first match of the year in Cleveland, which is rare for the Jays' supposedly best relief pitcher (in theory).

Osuna coughed up a home run in the first match of the year in Cleveland, which is rare for the Jays' supposedly best relief pitcher (in theory).

I'm not gonna fault Osuna for that one. When we only score two runs and strikeout 13 times while holding the other team to 3 runs, it's not the pitchers I'm going to blame.

With that being said, great game tonight; however Travis coughing up that double play in the 5th came back to bite the Jays in the ass. Luckily Edwing came through and shut the Indian fans up the following inning.

2016-08-20 16.53.36.jpg

2016-08-20 19.02.14.jpg

2016-08-20 19.45.00.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-08-20 19.02.14.jpg
    2016-08-20 19.02.14.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 512
  • 2016-08-20 19.45.00.jpg
    2016-08-20 19.45.00.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 500
  • 2016-08-20 16.53.36.jpg
    2016-08-20 16.53.36.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 506
Holy crap, what a come back! Jays were down 7-3 heading to the bottom 7th And win the game 8-7!

I think they better they better re-sign Edwin. The guy is on fire.

Back