News   Apr 16, 2024
 45     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 488     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Blue Jays

How is it a bullet dodged? It is not like the Rockies didn't know Reyes was bad when they made the trade. The trade was more for them to get rid of Tulos contract and get one great prospect and one good prospect back for it.

If anything this is like the best case scenario for them. Reyes got suspended which forced them to play Trevor Story and Trevor Story then proceeded to play like an absolute superstar pretty much forcing Colorado to DFA Reyes since with LeMahieu at 2B and Arenado at 3B there really is no place for him to play.

AA took a chance that Tulo would bounce back to his pre 2015 form and be that 5 WAR SS he had been for 8 years. Instead Tulo has regressed even further and can't hit high pitches anymore, his strike out rate has gone way up and his walk rate gone down.

Tulowitzki is owed 94 million over the next 5 years and has a option for a 6th year for 15 million or a 4 million buyout. This is quite frankly one of the worst contracts in baseball. The only contracts worse that I can think of are the Votto and Pujols contracts and I am sure that Price contract is going to end up being horrible.

Last edited:
Tulo can't stay healthy. It is nearly impossible for him to go a full season without injuries and DL stints.

In related news, I still have Reyes and Buehrle bobbleheads sitting in my desk at work.

Last edited:
Oh, and I brought a mirrorless (security has been known to turn away people with DSLRs)
The funny thing is, I can get longer telephoto shots with a far smaller lens using this setup, so the joke's on Rogers.

Caught a Tulo homer right on the follow through:
Troy Tulowitzki by Jack Landau, on Flickr

JD mid-swing:
Josh Donaldson by Jack Landau, on Flickr

Edwin whiffing at a breaking ball:
Edwin Encarnacion by Jack Landau, on Flickr

And some snacks:
Popcorn by Jack Landau, on Flickr

I might post some wide shots if this post gets enough likes. Who knows...

See here: https://www.thestar.com/sports/base...ension-for-destroying-throwback-uniforms.html

Trade deadline is nearing and Chris Sale might be what his surname suggests amid the incident in which he cut up the Chicago White Sox throwback jersey.

543161012.1469319823.jpg

Sale in a throwback jersey; this one is not the one he cut up (despite looking ugly in my opinion)

Chicago-White-Sox-1976-Throwback-Jersey-7-23-2016.png

It's this one (the 1976 White Sox jersey) Sale vandalized

The Jays might want to pick him up (though it would cost the Jays a few arms (both of the pitching and batting varieties) and some legs (of the base-running and base-stealing variety)). Otherwise, Sale is a great starting pitcher and would fit very well in the Jays' starting rotation.

Last edited:
You can blame Mark Shapiro for this stupid move. They gave up their lead off hitter who bats .300 and can steal bases for this guy.

1. The whole reason the Blue Jays traded for Revere last year was because Michael Saunders was not able to come back from his knee injury last year and Chris Colabello had been an absolutely terrible defensive LF. They would have had to get rid of one of Revere or Saunders in the offseason either way even if AA was GM.

2. Revere has been absolutely terrible this year. -0.8 bWAR. -0.6 fWAR. Literally worse then replacement level and worse then Storen since Storen barely ever pitches and Revere is an every day player.

3. Even when he was hitting well players like Revere can be picked up for scraps, we picked him up for nothing and we just picked up Upton for nothing. You are acting like we traded Rickey Henderson.

4. Trading him for a guy who had been a good reliever for years was a great move. If the Blue Jays can trade Upton in the off season for a good reliever that would be great as well. Great relievers fall apart every year, that is what makes guys like Rivera special and why it is so hard to build a bullpen. Look at Cecil, he had his one of his best seasons ever last year and he has been bad this year. I still would have taken the chance on Storen since it is hard to get a good reliever without committing to a long term contract or trading off a ton of prospects.

5. I like AA but it is not like he didn't trade for relievers that pitched like terrible for us. He traded Mike Napoli for Frank Francisco. He traded Yan Gomes and Mike Aviles for Esmil Rogers. He traded a prospect for Sergio Santos. Building a bullpen is hard and relievers are volatile.

6. Revere has a career 4.5 BB% rate (an average hitter is around 8%), 84 wRC+ (an average hitter is 100), .296 wOBA (an average hitter is .320), 0.057 ISO (an average hitter is 0.140). The only things he can do well is not strike out and hit for a decent average. He draws no walks at all, he has no power at all. He should not be leading off on any lineup and especially not one as good as the Blue Jays. If the Blue Jays wanted a below average hitter who can steal bases and has no power they could just call up Dalton Pompey.

Last edited:
You can blame Mark Shapiro for this stupid move. They gave up their lead off hitter who bats .300 and can steal bases for this guy.

Meanwhile, in Washington some fan is posting...."I can't believe those idiots traded a great pitcher like Drew Storen for a lead off guy that is only hitting .216 and can't get on base." :)

Back