1.3K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 759     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
I noticed that the controversial Starbucks that replaced the legendary goth club Sanctuary way back in 2000 at Queen and Claremont has finally been vanquished. I don't think any of their other locations got as much hate as that one.

Perhaps the only actual Starbucks outlet in town to generate that much hate. The proposed Starbucks at Augusta and Nassau, and at Bloor and Borden, generated even more hate, so much so that they never happened.

Perhaps the only actual Starbucks outlet in town to generate that much hate. The proposed Starbucks at Augusta and Nassau, and at Bloor and Borden, generated even more hate, so much so that they never happened.

I remember that the "Starbucktuary" routinely got vandalized in its first few years of operation.

I agree that Kensington would be a really awful place for one and am thrilled that they bowed to community pressure in that case.

Looks like upscale New Zealand outerwear brand Icebreaker is moving into the old Showroom spot at 278 Queen St W

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3969681

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review
TORONTO ON M5V 2A1
Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina
Application#: 16 171949 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 16, 2016
Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations
Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground floor retail store - "Icebreaker Store"

RW & Co. is opening across from Sherway in the Smart Centre (near its parent Reitmans location). Kind of an odd move for a store like that, which relies on foot traffic, not to open in the mall proper.

The only other one that might be as possibly as hated was the Starbucks at Queen and Dovercourt, famous for that "Drake you ho" graffiti scrawl. That's gone as well.

Does anyone know whether the Smartset at Metro Centre is becoming a Hyba (like the majority of Smartsets - some were converted into Addition-Elle)?

More than 30 years after it opened its first store in Vancouver's Oakridge Shopping Centre, fashion retailer Aritzia has decided to convert from a privately held company to a public one.
The retailer has filed a preliminary prospectus with regulators — the first paperwork in a journey to seeing its shares listed and trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/aritzia-public-ipo-prospectus-1.3726548

The Brooks Brothers Flat Iron Shop in the Annex has closed. Most of the inventory will be moved to other locations.

Per a Facebook post from Summerhill Market, All the Best Fine Foods Yonge St.(one of the 5 thieves) will close. Summerhill Market bought All the Best Fine Foods assets in a receivership proceeding and will continue with the Church St. location and Leaside commissary kitchen.

Back