Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

I guess I don't get the joke/nudge + wink vibe from it. I have no doubt that's what was intended, but I guess I just can't get past the doucheyness (douchyness?) of the name. But all in perspective. I am far more offended by the architecture of the HNR tower going up north of here on Dundas than I am by the name of this condo. The name is more of an occasional eye-roll thing when I walk by the sight and see the sign. It's not really important in the big scheme of things.

If I understand English grammatical rules right, surely it would be "douchiness?" :p

Whatever the name's gonna be, I hope we can all agree on this: the Richmond experience from Jarvis to Spadina is (almost) uninterrupted once this goes up (minus the lots on the south side just east of John, which need to go, badly--my guess it'll go when the owner the Ballroom or whatever it's called sees a price he likes).

I'll let them name it whatever they want for that sweet experience.

Whatever the name's gonna be, I hope we can all agree on this: the Richmond experience from Jarvis to Spadina is (almost) uninterrupted once this goes up (minus the lots on the south side just east of John, which need to go, badly--my guess it'll go when the owner the Ballroom or whatever it's called sees a price he likes).

I'll let them name it whatever they want for that sweet experience.

All true. I have no qualms about the building itself. It will be a plus for the neighbourhood.

I don't care what the name is, what I care about is that this dead zone is finally going to come alive. Queen from Church to Jarvis needs a lot of help and this is a good start.

IMG_7623.JPG
IMG_7625.JPG
IMG_7622.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7623.JPG
    IMG_7623.JPG
    523.4 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_7625.JPG
    IMG_7625.JPG
    565.3 KB · Views: 1,604
  • IMG_7622.JPG
    IMG_7622.JPG
    512.7 KB · Views: 871
Last edited:
Which was supposed to open last fall. Curses!

I noticed this morning that the parking lot to the east of the transformer station, just out of Ed's shot above, was all taped off and empty this morning. Whatever can it mean?

So true. Some people think it makes them appear cool I think, when in actuality it makes them appear like a ignoramus. I look forward to when the tower is done, and we can start referring to it by its actual address rather than it's marketing name.

Truth is not everyone cares what others think how they "appear". It's just a name. I would happily live in Crapcondo if the building itself suits my needs. You think others care how they "appear” likely because YOU do. Keeping ridiculing the marketing name doesn't make one any more sophisticated.

Is Yong and rich really more crass than anything with "royal" in it? Or "Milan" or "Piccaso". How does a condo have anything to do with anything of those.

Perhaps in time Yonge & Rich will actually work as a name. All I know for certain is that I am not a member of the target demographic.

No need to be so pretentious. In reality no one in the world, including yourself would buy this condo because of the name, or not buy it due to the name. You are not interested because the building itself doesn't meet your needs, not because the name is a big factor.

Back