News   Apr 24, 2024
 856     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 597     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Yeah, the DRL is not just the Yonge relief line. It's also the Bloor Relief Line and the Eglinton Relief Line too!

If Eglinton is ever approaching capacity, then look at where the riders are coming from and going to, and give them an alternate way of getting there! Downtown bound people should eventually be transferring at the closest GO station to frequent GO service. Build rapid transit on Lawrence to intercept connecting buses sooner. Etc, etc, etc...

Not just that - but King and Queen Streetcar RL. Those two are maxed out.

AoD

They can move the cars around to the Finch West or Sheppard East LRTs, and replace the Eglinton cars with cars that have more segments.

original
`

Demolition for Forest Hill Station. From link.

forest_hill_pic.png

• Four commercial and residential properties along the Eglinton Avenue West corridor will be demolished to make way for the construction of Forest Hill Station
  • The properties are located at 842, 870, 874, 875 and876 Eglinton Avenue West
  • The plaza at 876 Eglinton Avenue West will be demolished to provide a work site for workers. This property will not be part of the future Forest Hill LRT Station.
  • For safety purposes, temporary fencing will be installed around each demolition site
  • Demolition works will last for approximately three months, and are expected to begin as early as late-February 2016, subject to all relevant approvals
  • Demolition works will take place between the hours of 7 AM and 5 PM
- See more at: http://www.thecrosstown.ca/news-med...ormerly-bathurst-station#sthash.0q1J5Fxw.dpuf

Why is the LRT now blue? First they were red, then green and now the photo posted above shows blue. Are we heading back to red?

Their blue because ION owns the LRVs and the Eglinton Line.

I'm curious about how Crostown East and West will change the Crosstown ownership structure here in Toronto. Ontario was supposed to own the whole line, but now that the province isn't funding the extensions, the City should be the owners of Crosstown East and West. This will have implications for the contract for line maintenance and operations.

I'm curious about how Crostown East and West will change the Crosstown ownership structure here in Toronto. Ontario was supposed to own the whole line, but now that the province isn't funding the extensions, the City should be the owners of Crosstown East and West. This will have implications for the contract for line maintenance and operations.

The image above is using ETS's current colour scheme, which is blue, grey, white. Ion's is a much lighter shade of blue, but similar to ETS in that it has white as well.

Does anyone know if Mississauga or Hamilton have indicated how they want their colour schemes to look? Or will it be the standard off-green that Mlinx has teased us with? I want to make a Flexity Freedom collage of all the Canadian transit systems that will be using these vehicles.

ION does not own the Eglinton line. You may be confused, ION is the brand name for Grand River Transit's LRT in the Waterloo region. Metrolinx owns the LRVs and the Eglinton Line, Toronto's LRVs will be coloured either green or traditional TTC red (I don't recall which, pretty sure it's green), not both.

thats a real, interesting question. Now all we need is an answer

The simplest would be for Toronto to simply pay a fixed grant to the Province (any overruns their problem), like an opposite Spadina line. But then they don't have an asset on their books. They could buy out the Finch West line from Metrolinx to shuffle money around and have an asset, but since the signalling control centres of Crosstown and Finch are apparently going to be linked then it makes sense to have a single owner - and thus the same with Crosstown.

PS - I think you meant Metrolinx there, not "ION"

ION does not own the Eglinton line. You may be confused, ION is the brand name for Grand River Transit's LRT in the Waterloo region. Metrolinx owns the LRVs and the Eglinton Line, Toronto's LRVs will be coloured either green or traditional TTC red (I don't recall which, pretty sure it's green), not both.
Metrolinx owns the extension as they are under the Big Move and were part of Transit City Plan, except for the subway.

These lines and extensions were defer due to lack of funding years ago and before Ford came to office.

They were fully funded by the province.

All Metrolinx cars will be green regardless what city they are in if they are paying for them.

Back