News   Mar 28, 2024
 212     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 610     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 372     0 

Saks Fifth Avenue Flagship (Queen & Yonge)

The equipment and materials they lifted onto the roof do not appear to have anything to do with Saks. They are on the Hudson's Bay part of the roof and appear to be related to the rehabilitation of the Simpson Tower facade.

They will be busy finishing the space and merchandising it in the next week before the previews and parties start before the opening on the 18th.

When should we expect the bridge to be re-done?

The skywalk between Hudson's Bay/Saks and the Eaton Centre? Some renderings of a new one floated around at one point last year, but Cadillac Fairview was fairly quick to clarify that the renderings were just one possible design and that there was no concrete timeframe in place for them to settle on a final design or to build the thing. I personally haven't heard/seen anything since.

I think it's a missed opportunity if they don't raise the bridge up a floor to the rectangular windows on the Hudson's Bay building.
By sticking with the arched window, you'll always have a cramped entry into Saks and Hudson's Bay.
There's more than enough space to install a mezzanine and escalators on the Eaton Centre side.
But they've built the reception area in the Hudson's Bay building with the existing bridge in mind.

The new floor is about half done for the Hudson's Bay portion of the PATH level. I should have taken a pic. Shiny stone, pretty nice. Ten days to go!

Back